AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with measures

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
370 Views, 3 Replies

Problem with measures

Good afternoon,

I have recently installed Autocad 2014, and i'm facing a problem that is: when i'm doing a line, a retangle, an offset, everything when i have to put measures, and if I want to define that the measure of the line is 3,14 m, when i put the "." it transform the "3" in the x measure and the "14" in the Y measure and expects me to put another measure for Z. My work need to be precise so I have to use decimal measures. Can this be solved some way? If I import the workspace and definitions from Autocad 2012 (when this never happened) can this work?
Thank you very much for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,
In AutoCAD the decimal separator is point (dot), but not period. So if you want to draw a line 3,14 m, than you need to input 3.14
Period used in AutoCAD to separate X, Y and Z coordinates.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thank you for your quick answer.Man Happy

In my Mac i have a textpad and a numeric pad. I normally use the numeric to insert the values and now in ACA 2014 I can't use the dot in the numeric pad (when I used to work this way in 2012). It only work as decimal numbers if i use the dot it in the text pad. If I use the comma in the text pad it happens the same and starts using coordinates. 
It is easier to use the numbers and the dot in the numeric pad than use the numbers in the numeric and the dot in teh text pad. Can this be solved?

Thank you.

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k

It is not AutoCAD related issue. It is Mac OS related issue: what you get when you press point/comma key on Number pad depends on keyboard layout you are using. For example for Russian keyboard layout (when I switch to Russian input) it gives always comma instead of dot in AutoCAD. When I change to US keyboard layout- I get dot when I press dot/comma key on Number pad.
The solution for your particular keyboard layout (don't know which one you are using) is to press Shift with dot/comma on Number pad, then you should get dot in AutoCAD.
Or you can search for some Keyboard layout editor for Mac OS to redefine this key in your native keyboard layout.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost