AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem accessing/saving files via remote server using AutoCAD LT 2013 for MAC

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
gusk
1866 Views, 6 Replies

Problem accessing/saving files via remote server using AutoCAD LT 2013 for MAC

We just installed Autocad LT 2013 for mac on a relatively new macbook air.  The program seems to work fine with the exception of when the computer accesses the server remotely via WebDAV.  For reference, the computer does not have problems accessing the server when using any other programs other than Autocad LT 2013.  

When the program is open and access is established with the server, the dwg file is selected; afterwhich time the following message comes up:

"AutoCAD LT Alert

/Volumes/<server address>/<main folder>/<subfolder>/<subfolder>/file.dwg is currently in use or is read-only.  Would you like to open the file read-only?"

When yes is selected, it opens the file fine but then it is impossible to save the file (since it is read-only) under its same name and it will not allow you to saveas under a different name.  

If the file is local on the mac's hard drive, you can open, modify and save it; then move it over to the server later.  This is an option but not ideal.  

To further explore this, I installed Autocad LT 2013 for mac on another mac (an imac that is running the most current operating system).  Same exact problem occurred.  I then installed Autocad LT 2013 for windows (32 bit) on THE SAME iMAC that had windows 7 installed thru parallels.  After the installation was complete, I was able to access the server, open the file, modify it and save the file on the server without any incident.  

For reference, I have administrative permissions on both the server and computers used.  

I'm getting very frustrated.....  Is anyone else having the same problem?  Any thoughts on how to resolve it?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
gingerbach
in reply to: gusk

This is the SAME issue I am having! Please let me know if you hear anything back...waiting on purchasing software to see if this can be resolved!

Message 3 of 7
wei503

We do see some issues when accessing to server via http protocal. Is it a work around that you share the folders on server with file sharing settings or with NFS server, and access to the shared folder via smb protocal or NFS mounts?

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Message 4 of 7
gusk
in reply to: wei503

Our firm uses a synology server.  I'm not sure what protocol the server uses for sharing folders but know that NFS is not currently enabled.  

Here is some basic info for reference:

http://www.synology.com/support/tutorials_show.php?q_id=487&lang=us

If you need more details on the server and how it works I can contact synology - just let me know what questions to ask.  They are very approachable/helpful.

Message 5 of 7
wei503

Thanks for the info! The HTTP sharing is a known issue on our side and we are researching for a fix.

I was just trying to see if there is an alternative way that can let you work around the issue to edit and save the drawing on the server, like share the files with some way other than HTTP. But the DiskStation seems sharing the files based on HTTP protocal and I did not see a workaround in this case.

We will continue researching the issue and thanks for raising it in the forum.

Thanks,
Wei

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Message 6 of 7
gusk
in reply to: wei503

Wei - Thank you so much for recognizing the problem.  It means a lot since I would otherwise continue to spent time/effort attempting to resolve the problem that is not here.  Hopefully your group will be able to find a solution soon.

Message 7 of 7
ateikoh

Thanks wei503 for responding. To throw in my 2 cents, I'm having the same issue simply with an external hard drive plugged into my MacBook. Opening files locally is not a problem, but those on the external hard drive are only accessible as Read Only.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost