AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRINTING ISSUE

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
369 Views, 3 Replies

PRINTING ISSUE

Hi,

I am running AutoCAD 2012 for Mac. I am encountering a printing problem on a relatively small architectural drawing (1.7 MB) that I am developing that incorporates a survey drawing from my consultant.

My drawing, before copying and adding the survey drawing file to my drawing, goes to the printer and prints, as it should. The survey drawing, by itself, goes to the printer and prints, as it should. However I cannot print the combined drawing in AutoCAD. The print job gets sent to the printer, but the printer icon does not come up on the dock and no printing takes place.

I am forced to save and print as a PDF. I have incorporated other survey drawing files in my drawings before and not experienced this problem.

Help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Bill,

If you are able to save your file with this survey attached (as an External reference, I suppose), than the case could be in Printer software or in Printer itself - maybe printer runs out of memory, or something else.
So if you are able to save PDF of this combined drawing, could you print this PDF from Preview application? If yes and if you have this problem only with such (one) combination of base and external referenced drawing, than print it from saved PDF and forget about the issue.
Believe me- you can waste a lot of time trying to figure out why it doesn't print directly from AutoCAD and get no results.
But if this happens with lot of drawings, then we can continue to investigate.
Let me know your decision, I'll try to help further.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi Maxim,

I am (so far) only having this problem with the one combined drawing. And yes I can print from a saved PDF, so I still essentially have all the functionality I need. (And yes I have wasted a lot of time trying to figure out why it does not print directly from AutoCAD.) I thought that there might be a basic setting that was being modified in bringing in the survey drawing to my drawing that I was unaware of.

One quick note, I did not bring the survey in via xref. I copied and pasted the portion of the survey drawing I needed into my drawing.

Thanks for your review and response. I'll just let this one go, as you say, unless it becomes a more general issue.

Bill 

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Bill.

Hope it will not becomes a more general issue. Smiley Wink

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report