AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing in model space

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
cbel4
462 Views, 10 Replies

printing in model space

I'm brand new to Autocad LT 2013 for Mac. When I try to print a portion of a drawing in model space and it is set for black and white in the print dialog box, not all the lines print black but light gray. What I am doing wrong? I haven't tried to print in paper space yet. Will I have the same problem?

Thanks for your help.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: cbel4

What 'color' are these objects that don't print black?
Message 3 of 11
cbel4

Since I posted I realized that the plot style wasn't set current that would've printed all lines as black. I just stumbled upon ithe selection in the properties inspector.  I still never found a dialog box in plot style manager that allowed you to set a plot style as current.

Message 4 of 11
maxim_k

Hi,

In Page Setup dialog (which you call from Page Setup manager for example) you have to pick small button with arrow at the bottom right of the dialog in order to expand it and see Plot Style table section.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 11
cbel4
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad
Message 6 of 11
JoAnn_Hogan

When you print, make sure the "Plot with Plot Style" option is selected. Please have a look at my attachment.

Is it still giving you the same issue?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 7 of 11
maxim_k
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

OP already have found the roots of the issue and posted:

>>>I realized that the plot style wasn't set current that would've printed all lines as black.

>>>I just stumbled upon ithe selection in the properties inspector.

And he (she) is using AutoCAD for Mac and not AutoCAD for Windows.

Plot style settings in Mac version are slightly in another place:

Screen Shot 2014-02-17 at 15.05.24.png

Screen Shot 2014-02-17 at 15.05.45.png

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 8 of 11
cbel4
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

With a Mac, the print box doesn't look like that. It doesn't give you all the variables like the Windows based one did.

Message 9 of 11
cbel4

My print box on the Mac doesn't look like that. I go to the pull down menu -File - Page Setup manager and a box comes up but there's no arrow at the lower right hand corner.

Message 10 of 11
cbel4

Disregard the last email. I had to click edit to get the box with the arrow. Thanks for your help on this. It's frustrating to make the  transition to Mac because all the commands, etc. are different from windows.

Message 11 of 11
maxim_k

BTW: from Print dialog in Mac version you can always display more print options (actually Page Setup dialog) if you pick on Page Setup button. The only disadvantage is that the settings you apply when print can not be saved during printing. You need edit page setup from Page setup manager.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost