AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polar Tracking

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
rmfarkas8014
3050 Views, 11 Replies

Polar Tracking

Is anyone else having an issue with Polar Tracking seemingly turning itself off while drawing?  I do not believe I'm acidently hitting the correpsonding keyboard command.  It just seems to turn itself off indiscriminately.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
maxim_k
in reply to: rmfarkas8014

Hi,

I don't have such issue.

@rmfarkas8014 wrote:

I do not believe I'm acidently hitting the correpsonding keyboard command.

In fact you can switch Polar Tracking with two shortcuts: Command+U and Control+U - are you sure about both. Or maybe you accidentally pick on the Polar Tracking button on Status Bar?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 12
maxim_k

Also check Ortho mode, when Ortho mode is ON, Polar Tracking automatically turns OFF
You have turn it ON manually, after you exit Ortho mode.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 4 of 12
palmerhinds7797
in reply to: maxim_k

I am having problems with polar tracking as well. Mine does not turn off but the settings seem to have been disabled. I can only get a track from endpoints now, and only at 90 degrees as opposed to the 15 degrees I have it set for. I am looking for information to get my tracking settings to work again.

any help would be appriciated. Please and thank you.

Message 5 of 12
maxim_k
in reply to: palmerhinds7797

Hi,

When you use polar tracking only one of predefined angles can be active. You can switch them by right clicking on Polar tracking button on Status Bar:

Снимок экрана 2013-05-22 в 0.06.07.png

At the same time an additional agles, that you can add in Drawing aids dialog:

Снимок экрана 2013-05-22 в 0.06.13.png

remain active every time.

2. As for Object Snap tracking - in order to use one of the osnap types (END, MID, INT ...) you have to set them all as running object snaps (i.e. they must be enabled all the time). Then you will be able to use them to "make" temporary tracking lines.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 12
cmilam110

Mine not turning off, still appear to be on but not working.  Searching for info on how and why tracking will not project lines from the midpoint, etc.  (specifically placing an elipse at centerpoint of a rectangle-simple, right?) Tracking is definitely on, as are my running osnaps.

Message 7 of 12
pendean

Cmilan110, you seem to be describing OTRACK and not the topic here, POLAR: can you confirm what it is you wish to do exactly?
Message 8 of 12
cmilam110
in reply to: pendean

thanks for your help, I found it. No, it was polar.  Following a text book assignment, and when i opened a new file it tracking wasnt working anymore. Both tracking and osnaps were active. I didnt know that I also had to check the box on the right of the osnaps settings/dialogue box to enable tracking (because the button was on, active, and told to do so). lol, thanks again for your help.

Message 9 of 12
jnipper

I am having this issue as well! I have to keep turning it back on (using command + u) every few minutes, and it's so frustrating! rmfarkas8014, did you ever find a fix?

Message 10 of 12
rmfarkas
in reply to: jnipper

Never did resolve the issue, although it seems to occur less often

Message 11 of 12
wei503
in reply to: jnipper

In 2017.1 Update, we fixed an issue that might cause the polar tracking and osnap turned off unexpectedly. If you are on 2017 version, please make sure you have the latest update installed.

Thanks,
Wei

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Message 12 of 12
jnipper
in reply to: wei503

My office uses AutoCAD 2014 Lite on our Macs. I highly doubt they will be purchasing a newer version for all computers, unfortunately. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost