AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting makes AutoCAD unexpectedly quit

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1086 Views, 5 Replies

Plotting makes AutoCAD unexpectedly quit

Each time I try to plot--including to PDF, AutoCAD for Mac unexpectedly quits. Pretty annoying. It didn't begin doing this until after I downloaded Update 1. I can't plot at all, so I'm anxious to get this fixed. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
klphotos
in reply to: Anonymous

Same thing happened to me. Since I was working on a deadline, I uninstalled autocad leaving preferences or some such thing on the computer and then reinstalled autocad but not the update. Now it works fine.It really did not take that long. Just use the Uninstall Autocad program in the folder.

I have never seen such a distructive and pointless update.Good luck.

Message 3 of 6
maxim_k

@Anonymous wrote:

Each time I try to plot--including to PDF, AutoCAD for Mac unexpectedly quits. Pretty annoying. It didn't begin doing this until after I downloaded Update 1. I can't plot at all, so I'm anxious to get this fixed. Any suggestions?

Hi,

It is very strange, because i don't have such issues on two computers (at home and at work).

Which operating system do you use: 10.5.8 or 10.6.5? I use 10.6.5 and HP DesignJet 450 as my primary plotter (for PDF output at home and for real plot at work).

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for the replies,

I'm running 10.6.4, and AutoCAD for Mac has frankly had nothing but issues ever since we bought it. I will reinstall it later today, but I seem to recall having trouble with the install, also, and so I'm waiting until after I get some more work done, but I will definitely give that a try and see if I can start printing without a the program quitting. 

Message 5 of 6
klphotos
in reply to: maxim_k

I am using 10.6.5 on a Macpro and a Macbook Pro, plotting to an HP T610 and Epson R1800. I also have Acrobat Pro.

For me, the update was a complete disater. I talked the tech support people, where I buy Autocad and they said they had several reports of the same thing happening to other Mac users but they did not have a solution.

Message 6 of 6
klphotos

I have not had any probelms with the install and for the most part Autocad for Mac seems to run fine. Autocad for Mac feels and runs like an incomplete product but based on my years of running Autocad on PC's, I don't have very high expectation for well written code and a smooth running program.

Good Luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report