AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotter issue and how to rotate a CAD drawing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
paxman.steve
527 Views, 7 Replies

Plotter issue and how to rotate a CAD drawing

I have Autocad LT 2014 and use a macbook pro mid 12 with Yosemite Beta 5.

Firstly I have not had any issues with the OS X as far a I am aware. I am self taught over the last 6 months and need to create very basic 2D drawings for my business and have managed to muddle through so far.

Plotting - On some drawings when I plot them to PDF and save to desktop, random lines on the drawing are missing. whether having drawn them in model space or paper space. I have inserted a crane block and the outline of the crane will be missing in PDF, yet the internal lines will be there.. If I send to the CAD office at work it will open fine for them. So I am not sure its a layer problem. They are not sure why.

Rotation - Some drawings sent to me are at 45 deg and the cursor is Red and Green. I really only need to see the drawing at 90 deg on the page and plot the same. How can I alter the DWG and rotate it. I can of course highlight and rotate, but is there a way to set the drawing properly so when I plot it is correct ?.

Apologies if this is kindergarton stuff.

Cheers Steve

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: paxman.steve

Hi Steve,

Not sure about your first question: are your college able to see lines that are missing in PDF file on your Mac on their Mac in the same PDF?

About the sexing question: you can try to set view to plan with PLAN command: type it at the command prompt and hit Return twice.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 8
paxman.steve
in reply to: maxim_k

Maxim

Thanks for the plan command, the drawing I was using scaled down to a minute size but when I zoomed in, the cursor was correct and I was able to rotate it and it was better. Same applied in a view port in template. So thanks for that.

Regarding plotting. I draw onto an existing drawing sent to me and all is fine in model and paperspace. When I plot using my default programme I assume. In PDF random lines are missing from the drawing. I could draw a circle with an intersecting line and the line would be missing. Parts of a CAD block I have inserted would be missing.

I sent the DWG and the PDF to my office and they plotted to PDF fine !

Could it be the plotter that is being used, I have an epson printer installed. This issue does not seem to manifest itself with all DWG. If I draw my own from scratch I have no problems. I would have thought a layer issue, but as the office managed it without adjustment I am not sure.

Message 4 of 8
paxman.steve

I forgot to mention they use windows at the office.
Message 5 of 8
maxim_k

I'm afraid it is hard to answer your question about missing lines in PDF output without having at hand your DWG and sample PDF output. Could you attach them here or send to my mail: mkanaev at yandex.ru

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 8
maxim_k

Hi Steve,

I received your files and tested DWG on my Mac (Mavericks 10.9.5). Everything is correct when I save PDF file - all objects are visible.
You wrote that you have Yosemite Beta 5 on your Mac, so the case could be in this. Either there is some incompatibility between AutoCAD 2014 and current Beta of Yosemite, or Epson printer software is partly incompatible with Yosemite Beta 5.
In my opinion the problem could be rather in Epson printer software, you can check this by removing (temporary) this software from your Mac - I hope you will be able to install it again later - and trying to save to PDF from AutoCAD without any printers installed in Yosemite System preferences.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 8
paxman.steve

Cheers Maxim

I uninstalled Epson and it made no difference. As the problem is with some
DWG only and not all. Perhaps the problem is not with the plotter and maybe
within a particular DWG. I must have a preference on my CAD programme that
needs changing somewhere.
I will stumble across it eventually. I will take my lap top to the office
next time I am there and see if they can find it. I am 165 miles away so do
not go often

The command plan worked for me though so I am grateful for that.

Regards Steve
Message 8 of 8
paxman.steve

Maxim

It seems to be a compatability problem with Yosemite 10.10. All the warnings are not to upgrade yet, until the service packs are available from Autocad...............too late :o(

I will now wait for them and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks for your time

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost