AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plot styles

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
desk
807 Views, 5 Replies

plot styles

Wondering how to plot different line weights in autocad mac. It seems you can't import ctb files but help doesn't tell me much beyond that plot styles are not available in the mac version.

cheers

Lauren

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
khedeks
in reply to: desk

Hi,

You can copy your Windows plot styles to the plot styles folder on the Mac Version if you already have some created. In the  AutoCAD Plot dialog, click "Advanced" and expand the plot styles list. Select the "Reveal in Finder" item to see where to copy your files.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Shekhar Khedekar

AutoCAD for Mac Product Design

Message 3 of 6
desk
in reply to: khedeks

Hi Shekhar,

I have my ctb file in the plot styles location, however when I select it for plotting it doesn't create different line weights.

This file is definitely a functioning ctb file in my windows os. When I drop the ctb file into plot styles folder on my mac os, it appears as a unix exec file type while the rest of the ctb/stb files are document file types. 

I very much appreciate your help on this matter.

Regards

Lauren Aikins

Message 4 of 6
dayuma.cruz

I am having the same problem Desk has. Is therer any way I can fix it?

Message 5 of 6

The fact that it appears as a unix exec file should not be a problem, it should be selectable either way.

Could you try copying it again from your windows machine to the Plotters > Plot Styles folder in the Autodesk Application Support Folder and see if it works? If that still doesn't work, send me a private message and we can take a look at your CTB file to see if there is anything wrong.

Thanks,

Shekhar

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I made a ctb file on a windows computer, and it is shown together with the other plotstyles in my AutoCAD for mac. However, when I plot, the colors are right but the lineweights are not in scale.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Eke

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost