AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF print issues with Autocad Lite for MAC

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Johnh57
533 Views, 1 Reply

PDF print issues with Autocad Lite for MAC

Up until recently I have not had any problems using custom size (normally arch D), and using the 'save to pdf' on my mac book.   But last week it started beachballing on me whenever I click on the 'save to pdf' tab.  I can do a print preview which brings up an adobe pdf view of the page, I can save that file from the adobe menu.  But just printing from the print pdf - save as pdf I get beachball and an application not responding error.  I have to force quit autocad to recover.  Last night I lost an hour or so of work from this - even though the backup is set for every 5 minutes.

I can't think of anything I've changed.

I've read about having to delete the printer to stop this - which I have not tried.  I'm hoping this isn't something that has to be done everytime you need to save a pdf file.  It would would be onerous and very problematic ito install and delete the printer everytime I need to print something.  

The printer I default to does get used for 11x17 printing - but even then I usually just save the pdf files and print them outside of autocad.

Complete system is a macbook pro 15" mid 2010, 8GB int mem, 500gb SSD, 32" Benq monitor, HP Photosmart B8550 usb printer, Yosemite OS. I'm running Autocad Lite for mac 2015.  I also have a Xerox phaser printer via wireless.

I have not tried batch printing - I've never used it and am not familiar with it. I did read up on a bit last night and will give that a try.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Johnh57
in reply to: Johnh57

I solved some of my own problems, I think.

I changed the preview from the adobe preview to the os/x preview.  Seems to work a little better.

I also changed the page setup to an IP on the wireless net that is sometimes used by the xerox phaser.  That printer changes it's IP addy on occasion and I keep it set up on several IP's just in case it decides to move.  I assigned the page setup to one of the ip's that particular printer is not currently using.

Preview and Save to PDF both worked fine without a hitch.

I also worked through a batch print of 10 D size drawings - That worked quite well.

I still do not know why the beachball on the MAC though.  The Mac will print to the HP printer just fine (other than it seems to be very difficult to get it to print in the proper orientation consistently).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost