AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paperspace Crashes Constantly

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
who1man
1875 Views, 5 Replies

Paperspace Crashes Constantly

I am running AutoCAD 2012 Educational on a 2.66 Intel Core Duo Macbook, with 4 GB of RAM. I have been working on a very simple drawing set -- two floors, no x-refs, only a few blocks and a few layers.

Everything runs fine until I enter paperspace. Even without a viewport selected, the display will freeze for literally minutes if I try to pan or zoom, then AutoCAD freezes altogether and either quits or I have to force quit. As you can imagine, it's kind of frustrating.

Any thoughts on what's happening? I feel like I have plenty of horsepower on my computer, the only other programs I'm running simultaneously are my browser and Spotify. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks --

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: who1man

Hi,

Does this happens only with particular drawing, or in each DWG, even with new empty drawing?
What objects do you have in Paper space (viewports, text, blocks....)? Do you use specific Page setup for Layouts?
Could you post your drawing here?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 6
who1man
in reply to: maxim_k

This doesn't happen with a new empty drawing. Here's a screenshot of modelspace.

All I have in paperspace so far is one viewport and a title block, loaded from the library that came with the program.

Message 4 of 6
maxim_k

1. Try to audit your drawing with AUDIT command (answer "Yes" to repair, when it prompts you)
2. If this doesn't help - try to use -WBLOCK command with option * to save entire drawing to disk.

Where was this drawing created? In AC for Mac? Or you receive it from Windows user?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 6
who1man

Thanks for those suggestions, Maxim.

The file was created by me, on the same machine (Mac).

Both the audit and the WBLOCK command crashed the program completely. Does that provide any forensic clues haha?

Message 6 of 6
maxim_k

Could you send your file to my e-mail:

mkanaev at yandex.ru

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost