AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paper sizes and pdfs

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
charliearch
463 Views, 6 Replies

paper sizes and pdfs

hey all,

ive set up a custom page set up thru the manager with a 36"x24" paper size, imported ctb file as defaults (set as current)  specified everything else, and when i tell it to save as  pdf i get a message that says cant print to paper size, open paper handling in 'printer option pop-up menu' and scale to paper size.

i must be obtuse because i cant find what printer option pop-up menu with the required boxes to check after.  it is looking for a dwg to pdf pc3?  when i try to add a printer, the box comes up but doesnt allow me to enter anyting new.

any ideas?  lead by the nose to the right place?  thanks

Char

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: charliearch

Could you post screenshot of message you receive from AutoCAD?
Do you have printer (s) installed on your Mac?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 7
charliearch
in reply to: maxim_k

MAXIM,

here is the screen shot of the 'error' message.  i have a work aroound where i can save the preview as a pdf in acrobat, but how to just get it to plot ans dave into the folder i wish eludes me.

Message 4 of 7
charliearch

think i just found it...
Message 5 of 7
maxim_k

So, does your problem solved?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 7
charliearch
in reply to: maxim_k

no it didnt.  i found the menu is was refering to with the 'paper handling' options, but after checking the scale paper size box, it looks like it wants to attach that value to one of the printers that the computer sees.  there are no printers physically plugged into the computer now, but i still get the same message about cannot print specified paper size.  when i set the custom paper size at first i had listed it as 36"x24" in landscape mode with 0's set for all non printable margins since my background title sheet takes that into account in its layout.  but still no go.  if you have any ideas thats great, i'll try them.  but now ive saved all the drawings down to 2007 and am going to work an old PC version to get my prints out.

ive used PC based cad since 1994, so i figured there would be a learning curve for MAC.  thanks maxim

Message 7 of 7
maxim_k

Could you post here your drawing?
You can even erase everything in it, I just want to look at Page setup you saved in it.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost