AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panning with Magic Mouse without add-ons

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
swong20
1917 Views, 2 Replies

Panning with Magic Mouse without add-ons

I'm using Autocad for Mac 2013 LT. I just bought a Magic Mouse and have tried Magicprefs and Better Touch Tool. After opening Autocad, it takes a minute or two for the middle click function (set for panning) to work properly with either add-on, it either doesn't work, or stays stuck in pan mode (unless I right click and exit the command) for that first minute. I've removed any other third party mouse software (steermouse) and it still isn't usable for that first minute - with Magicprefs or Better Touch Tool.

There is an Autodesk Youtube video showing that you can pan just by swiping the magic mouse with one finger (...youtube.com/watch?v=UfoZu5LmO4k) in ACAD Mac LT, but I can't get it to work. 

Anybody else have this issue or know how to get the one finger pan?

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: swong20

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

When I use Magic Mouse (with MagicPrefs installed on my Mac) in AutoCAD, I can:

- zoom in and out - with moving one finger up and down on the Magic Mouse surface

- pan - with moving one finger up/down and left/right while I hold Option (Alt) key on keyboard

For TrackPad:

- zoom in and out - with moving two fingers up and down while I hold Option (Alt) key on keyboard

- pan - with moving two fingers up/down and left/right 

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
swong20
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks for the quick reply! The video (by autodesk) doesn't say anything about holding the alt button down to pan with one finger. I suppose I can get used to holding the alt button (old habits with just the middle mouse button), as I like the Magic Mouse otherwise.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost