AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overkill

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
yleesimon
9615 Views, 3 Replies

Overkill

Has anyone else tried to use the Overkill command?  It says the command is unknown.

I use multiple CAD programs; constantly taking 3D drawings and making them 2D, which most times causes overlapping lines.  I was wondering if anyone knew an alternative to the command.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: yleesimon

Express Tools fall under the not-in-this-version category. Try this old classic lisp (not tested), read it's header for limitations.

Message 3 of 4
yleesimon
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:

Express Tools fall under the not-in-this-version category. Try this old classic lisp (not tested), read it's header for limitations.

thanks pendean. i'll give it a shot!

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: yleesimon

Hi,

If you need to remove only LINE objects, there is another useful Lisp routine:

Duplicate-line-removale.lsp

This program deletes multiple lines lying on the same vector. The longer line is left, and the shorter one(s) are deleted.  Multiple Coincident Lines are deleted on the layers selected regardless of whether they are the same layer or not. If <M>ultiple or <A>ll Layers are selected, unpredictable results as to which layer line remains, may result.  To avoid this, select <S>ingle layer one at a time.

Advantage of this program is that it removes the overlapping lines, leaving the longest line. There is no need to enter the fuzz factor.

The disadvantage is that it only works with LINES.

Load it and type CUT (command name).

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost