AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening problem of AutoCAD for mac

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
wckan2
4009 Views, 19 Replies

Opening problem of AutoCAD for mac

When i open the mac AutoCAD , it gives a warning " The drawing file being opened was not created by a product from an Autodesk Education Suite" , then i click "continue", it do not give any respond. It keeps loading. I cannot enter the software!! why i get this substitution?

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
tippusashi
in reply to: wckan2

I am having the same problem.

Message 3 of 20
gopalas

Can you post the dwg file here?

Sriram Gopalakrishnan
Software Development Manager
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 20
oz0009

Hey men, i have the same problem do you know how to fix it ?

Message 5 of 20
iwatson89
in reply to: oz0009

try reinstalling it again, it worked for me

Message 6 of 20
sofia.carobbio

i did it 6 times!!!! and it doesnt work 😞 (he says i have an active license in my computer and everything is all right but it doesnt work)

may, alias...had no problems!

i need autocad..help!!

Message 7 of 20
dk2476

I have the exact same problem and my computer meets all of the system requirements. Uninstalled and reinstalled three times (and yes, I got rid of everything in all folders), tried all the tricks, nothing has worked. Hopefully something gets figured out.

Message 8 of 20
lurchello

I have downloaded the mac student version of Autocad onto my computer and WHEN i click on the autocad icon to open it it just bumps up and down four times, the loading screen comes up disappears and then nothing, can anyine help?

Message 9 of 20
t.savage

I have the same problem and I have tried to reinstall too. Does anyone else have other ideas?

Message 10 of 20
t.savage
in reply to: t.savage

Also, I am not opening a specific file, it started when trying to open a file, but I tried to open a new blank file to test the problem-and it still won't open! 

Message 11 of 20
lurchello

i rang the autodesk help desk in Switzerland and the asked me for the activation key, and it is meant to appear when the software loads for the first time on the computer it has loaded onto. And this is the problem with no way of getting the activation code due to the the software not uploading on the computer

Message 12 of 20
karelj1992
in reply to: lurchello

I have the same problem. Autocad won't open at all. I have a registered account and a license for 3 years.

What do I need to do? Re-installig is not a solution...  Please fix this!!!

Message 13 of 20
cobbyegan

I have autocAD for on  brand new Mac book Pro.  All icons appear as little boxes with question marks on them.  Auto CAD offers no support unless you pay $150. For one time issues tech support.  What can I do to fix this.  Also bottom bar has just B on it and no command line.

Message 14 of 20
maxim_k

Hi, Have you tried this solution from AutoCAD Knowledge Base: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15907633&linkID=15839490 Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 15 of 20
webgain
in reply to: t.savage

does anybody solved this  issue. I don't want to face this problem

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 16 of 20
kanastad

I have downloaded the mac student version of Autocad onto my computer and WHEN i click on the autocad icon to open it it just bumps up and down four times, the loading screen comes up disappears and then nothing, can anyone help?HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP I NEED IT........

Message 17 of 20
zaimajda

I have downloaded the mac student version of Autocad onto my computer and WHEN i click on the autocad icon to open it it just bumps up and down four times, the loading screen comes up disappears and then nothing.. i tried everything and at the end i got bored.. PLS help!!!

Message 18 of 20
maxim_k
in reply to: zaimajda

Hi zaimajda,

First of all check:

AutoCAD for Mac cannot launch with unsupported Mac OS language

then this:

AutoCAD for Mac won't run on hard drive with "Mac OS Extended (Case-sensitive, Journaled)" format

HTH

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 19 of 20
kjflanigan

I am having problems opening AutoCAD 2012 for Mac - it appears to install correctly, but does not open when launched.  The icon on the dock blinks, the splash screen appears, and then it all goes away.

I checked the language, the hard drive format, etc.

Not sure what to do next?

Message 20 of 20
maziar
in reply to: kjflanigan

I have similar problem. Mac OS X Lion and student version of AutoCad 2012, i launch it and its active for a moment and crashes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost