AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Drawing - Not and Educational Product Drawing???

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
macabyte
17973 Views, 16 Replies

Open Drawing - Not and Educational Product Drawing???

Giday there I have downloaded "Autocad" for mac and have activated it as a student.

Now when I start the program I receive an error message.

"The drawing file being opened was not created by a productfrom an

Autodesk Education Suite.If you save this drawing, it will always be

plotted with the following plot stamp.

PRODUCED BY AN AUTODESK EDUCATIONAL PRODUCT

It is recommended the you save this drawing with a different name.

Sorry but I'm totally new to this - where do I go to change this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
d-web
in reply to: macabyte

If the drawing you are opening in the educational version was created by a regular Autocad product, the educational version will add the PRODUCED BY AN AUTODESK EDUCATIONAL PRODUCT plot stamp when it's saved. if you don't want to have that permanently added to the original file, you need to change the name as you save. Then the original drawing file can be opened with other Autocad products without having the PRODUCED BY AN AUTODESK EDUCATIONAL PRODUCT plot stamp added

I don't believe there is any way to change that. 

Message 3 of 17
macabyte

Thanks for the reply. This is not one of my drawings as I have not done anything in the program as yet. This is the very first thing that comes up before the program starts. If I am unable to change this, annoying as it is, then I will have to persevere with it. Like is said "it only happens when I launch the program.

Message 4 of 17
pendean

Your AutoCAD is opening a file that has never been saved in the EDU version: it ALWAYS opens a file when you start the program, nature of AutoCAD, so that is the problem. The above answer, while accurate, is not relevant the answer to your issue I believe.

You'll have to wait for someone that uses EDU software regularly to answer why it happens and if there is a known cure, unless you wish to have someone help you create a startup file you can always use.

Message 5 of 17
tommyjames337

I have this exact same problem, and it's something that REALLY needs to be fixed! In my drafting class, I can't print anything because it has the stupid message all over the prints! Just DUMB! PLEASE AUTODESK! HEEEEELLLLLLPPPP!!!!

Message 6 of 17
Secu11

I followed the advice, changed the file name, the file path ut without any effect. I hope there is a better solution for this annoying problem.

Message 7 of 17
ecmruss88
in reply to: tommyjames337

I am having the same problem... did you find a way to open it??? It just keeps trying to load and then nothing happens?? 

Help

Message 8 of 17
ecmruss88

Hi, just wondering if you found a way to fix this problem, I purchased the program, installed it and now Im not able to open it at all, the same message comes up and it loads.. but nothing happens. Can you help me? 🙂

Message 9 of 17
ecmruss88

I'm not able to even get that far to open a drawing at all, it won't stop loading and the program never opens?? Would this be to do with the memory on the laptop??
Message 10 of 17
rylan.mcmullen

Im in school and taking Drafting. This program is exactly what the message is saying - Education Suite. So no matter the drawings being opened, for as long as you are running this suite it will stamp everything with the Education Sutie border headings. 

Unfortunely I dont think there is a resolution for this unless you upgrade your license. This suite is meant for educational purposes, so any drawings you  create can't be used to make money. 

I have looked into ways to try and remove it, and have come up empty handed. 

~R.McMullen

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 11 of 17
dj722000
in reply to: rylan.mcmullen

Why would you ask such a question on an Autodesk forum? If your in school and got the educational license, that is all you can use it for and the instructor knows this and can not ask you to remove it, So why is there a problem? You can not use it for anything else but educational reasons only, that is what you agreed to when you downloaded it and installed it.

It is not an error and it does not go away nor can you make it go away, this is to let you and everyone else know it is a student version and cant be used for anything but for that sole purpose as to stop you from making money with it.

I do believe you can purchase the full extent of the software with a new key and then it will go away, until then, use it only for school only or buy it.

Message 12 of 17
dj722000
in reply to: ecmruss88

macbyte;

Hi, just wondering if you found a way to fix this problem, I purchased the program, installed it and now Im not able to open it at all, the same message comes up and it loads.. but nothing happens. Can you help me? :smileyhappy:

"IF" you purchased this software, then why are you in here asking how to get rid of it. Why wouldnt you call a rep and talk to them directly?

Message 13 of 17
pendean
in reply to: dj722000

For this discussion's forum topic, this is a fix:

http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/drawing-not-created-by-a-product-from-autodesk-education-suit-tip...

For "I can't start AutoCAD" help try posting in the forum dedicated for such issues here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

Message 14 of 17
ecmruss88
in reply to: pendean

Hi, in regards to not being able to open the drawing.. It was a while ago now but I found out that it was because I was using Lion on my mac and this was when it first came out and AutoCAD wasnt compatible with it at the time, so I had to revert back to the older running system on my computer and it seemed to work. But im pretty sure now it all runs fine with all operating systems for Macs. Hope that helps? Emily
Message 15 of 17
sakinonur

I am having the same problem... did you find a way to open it??? It just keeps trying to load and then nothing happens?? 

Help 

Message 16 of 17
maxim_k
in reply to: sakinonur

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Please provide more details about your problem:

- AutoCAD version you have

- OS installed on your Mac

- Do you have this problem from the very beginning (just after you install AutoCAD)?

- Is it the first installation of AutoCAD on your Mac?

- Did you migrate from old machine or you did not?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 17 of 17
fahad92
in reply to: sakinonur

mine work after clicking run as admin...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost