AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Snap Override Menu

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
4238 Views, 6 Replies

Object Snap Override Menu

So I've just started to learn how to use AutoCAD 2013 on my Mac, and while many of the features have similar shortkeys to windows, I cannot figure out how to bring up the object snap menu. In Windows, one would in line mode press shift and right-click to bring up a menu that allows you to select different ways for the line to snap. I've tried pressing shift and double clicking on the trackpad, but that instead allows you to rotate your drawing in 3D.

The only way of doing it I found was bringing up the settings panel for object snaps and selecting there what I want to use, but in detailed drawings it's very tedious and confusing. How can I bring up this override menu on mac?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

If you are using trackpad with AutoCAD, you have to enable secondary click for trackpad in Mac OS System preferences (tap or click with two fingers) then use Shift+two finger click to call OSNAP menu.
But here is some difficulties, you are right, because when you put two fingers on trackpad and slightly move them it acts as panning and if you press Shift at this time AutoCAD switches to ORBIT command.
So you have at first to put two fingers on trackpad and then without moving them press Shift and click trackpad with two fingers. Too difficult!
My advice - use 3 button (wheel) mouse to work with AotoCAD. It is lot easier to make right-click with mouse, and if you have middle button on mouse you can disable middle button pan (MBUTTONPAN=O) and use only one middle button (those under the wheel) to call OSNAP overrides menu - very easy!

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 7
maxim_k

With trackpad you can also try to set right-click emulation in System preferences (Mac OS) to one finger click on the left or on the right bottom side of trackpad. Then use left (right) bottom click with one finger and Shift key to call OSNAP menu. This would be much easier.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 4 of 7
RPITTMANAECOM

Is there a way like in the Windows version after bringing up the Osnap menu with the middle button, to press a key for the osnap of your choice instead of scrolling the list?

Such a slow down to have to do that

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: RPITTMANAECOM

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi Ryan,

This actually works on my side.
What AutoCAD version you have? macOS version?
What settings do you have in Shortcuts tab of Keyboard pane of macOS System Preferences?

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 7
RPITTMANAECOM
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi there. It's autocad 2014. Mac os high Sierra 10.13.6

In the shortcuts tab not too sure which setting you are looking for

Thanks
Ryan

Message 7 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: RPITTMANAECOM

At first I have to mention that 2014 version is not officially supported on High Sierra (the latest version it is supported on is El Capitan).
Unfortunately I don't have 2014 version installed on my Mac - I have 2017, 2018 and 2019 versions on macOS Mojave, so I cannot test your scenario for now. On my side everything works fine with keyboard access to OSNAP middle button menu.
Maybe I'll be able to test with 2014 version (on El Capitan) this weekends, if so - I'll report here.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost