AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Responding

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
RussoBarr
32169 Views, 7 Replies

Not Responding

I am running AutoCAD LT 2013 on my MAC and have been running it without issue for about a year.  This week all of a suddun I am unable to open most of the projects I have been working on.  When I try to open the files, AutoCAD becomes unresponsive and I get the spinning wheel as if it is thinking but AutoCAD says it is "not responding".  This happens at various phases of the opening process.  I have tried opening from within AutoCAD, from Finder, from Recent Files, etc with similar results.

I am able to open some files without issue, which leads me to believe there is something bogging down most of my files all of a sudden.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank You.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: RussoBarr

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

The files you are trying to open and which froze AotoCAD - is they are your own? Have you pasted some objects (geometry) from other files, probably from other peoples?

Maybe the case of the issue is in proxy objects (objects created by third parity software, which can be used in AutoCAD on PC). Or maybe the case is in rich number of Layers Filters (Groups).

If the latter, then look to this topic:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/2013-LT-Mac-Potential-Purchase-Problem-Loading-Existin...

If it doesn't help. Could you post one of the problem files here (if you wish, I advise you to compress it with ZIP before attaching to the post). You can also send it to my e-mail: mkanaev at yandex.ru

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 8
RussoBarr
in reply to: maxim_k

"Or maybe the case is in rich number of Layers Filters (Groups)."

PROBLEM SOLVED.  IT WAS A LAYER FILTER ISSUE.

THANK YOU MAXIM.

Message 4 of 8
SaraFG
in reply to: RussoBarr

I have exactly the same problem as you.

MAXIM says: "in order to see alert dialog with ability to delete excessive dynamic layer group filters, you have to open the file you want to cleanup from AutoCAD itself (not by double- clicking on DWG file in Finder) and there should be some file already loaded in AutoCAD (even new empty)".

What I don't understand is how you could repare the file if it didn't open... In my case, I'm following all the steps, but when I try to open the file, I get the spinning wheel as always. So the only thing I can do is to force-quit Autocad.

Please, I need your help! Thanks in advance.

Message 5 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: SaraFG

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

At first, you need to set system variable LAYERFILTERALERT=3 (start AutoCAD, and set it in empty drawing)

Look here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/Files-from-PC-not-working-on-MAC/m-p/4670493#M10194

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 8
neb
Contributor
in reply to: maxim_k

I love it how programmed we became to just, by default, expect to jump through hoops to solve AutoCAD many glitches and imperfections. For years AutoCAD just piled up so much code on top of code and it's expected of us to resolve those errors through forums... I've been fighting with Hatch (not responding) nuisance for years, just to get same and same advice that is somewhat helpful but in no way did it actually fix the problem. However, if I use Bricscad I have no problem what so ever and it is just smooth sailing. The only answer I can think is if AutoCAD would become Open Source so that some smart people can clean the code. Cheers! 

Message 7 of 8

i think my autocad program itself if broken?.. every files i try to open does not work after a few seconds it appears its full view.. i really need ur programs sirs.. do i have to reinstall my autocad app? thnx  ❤️ ❤️ :3

Message 8 of 8

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi Joseph Mark,

Yes, you can try to reinstall AutoCAD, but at first ensure that AutoCAD version you are using is compatible with macOS installed on your Mac. refer here for compatibility notes:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

If it is compatible, use clean uninstall:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

then install AutoCAD again. Don't forget to apply all updates to AutoCAD (if necessary) after installation.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost