AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
maxim_k
Message 11 of 14 (800 Views)

Re: No QUICK SELECT!!!?

01-29-2013 02:13 AM in reply to: verdekiwi

verdekiwi wrote:

no qselect, no bbedit, no ctb... there will be years to have autocad mac at least comparable to autocad pc. i'll keep working on my MVfusion. 

What do you mean by "bbedit"? If BEDIT - it is in AC for Mac since 2011 version.

"no ctb"  - ? Plot Style editor is a feature since 2012 version

Maxim

Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | MARSS

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 12 of 14 (792 Views)

01-29-2013 07:38 AM in reply to: verdekiwi

AutoCAD didn't get to where it is on the PC in three years either.  Reduced instruction sets allows the developers to concentrate on knocking out the problems with a limited set of possibilities, while getting acclimated to the Mac development environment, and accomodating for release schedules of new OS's (not building a house on shifting sands, as it were).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

verdekiwi
Message 13 of 14 (783 Views)

01-30-2013 03:46 AM in reply to: maxim_k

i'm using CAD 2006 since as far i know, is the latest one that allow to have block modification in place and in the block edit; in 2 separetes comands. 

well, if they take all this time to "acclimate" we probably see the new generation of touch computer before to have a fully functional CAD for mac..... 

pyreflos
Message 14 of 14 (773 Views)

01-30-2013 07:40 AM in reply to: verdekiwi

You're kidding, right? Have you used AutoCAD WS (their mobile version)? In comparison, AutoCAD for PC is like driving a Cadillac, AutoCAD for Mac is like driving a midsize car, and using AutoCAD WS, which was released a year before the mac version, is like riding a bicycle with a flat tire. The first two can be used at highway (production) speeds, while WS is really only good for viewing/notating drawings out of office. At this point WS is worse than R12.

My workaround for not having quickselect is being really careful about adherence to the NCS. So long as my drawing is "clean", I don't really need qselect. It would still be nice to have and I'm a lot happier with the Mac 2013 version than I was the 2011 version.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.