AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No menus in top bar and no drawing panel????

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ldemaso
710 Views, 5 Replies

No menus in top bar and no drawing panel????

Hey AutoCAD community!  I just transferred from Inventor to AutoCAD and I'm extremely confused on how to start drawing.  I have searched endlessly but I cannot figure out how to access the drawing tools.  They are all there when I watch the tutorial videos but my workspace looks different, I attached a screenshot so you know what I mean.  Any help would really be appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: ldemaso

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

Such problem was already discussed on the Forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-general/autocad-2013-for-mac-student-version-toolbar-m...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-general/autocad-lt-2013-app-store-download-no-menu-bar...

In your case you can try to manually copy .CUI files from:

/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2015/AutoCAD 2015.app/Contents/Resources folder

to:

/Users/YOUR_USER_NAME/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD 2015/R20.0/enu/Support folder.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 6
ldemaso
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you so much! That fixed my problem

Message 4 of 6
martin

It is fine to keep citing this forum, but i have just installed AutoCAD LT 2015 (trial) twice, and the folder root that you suggest does not exist. I have manually created it, and copied all the .cui files there, but still it is not working.

That is the whole first day of my trial wasted trying to just get it working!

Message 5 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: martin

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

Are you absolutely sure you are looking in the right place?
Are you looking inside Library folder in your Home folder (not in the root of your Mac HD)?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 6 of 6
martin

Following my previous (frustrated) comment, i did some more googling, and discovered yes, there are in fact two Library folders, just as you suggest above, and I was looking in the root of Mac HD, as i was unware that this was the case. I thought i was looking at the only Library folder.

I learned of the "show library folder" check box in the Finder> View> Show View Options window, and navigating through this Library folder, indeed the file structure you had suggested was in place. I copied all the .cui files as you instructed, and it is now working!

So thank you, a very frustrating day has ended happily for me, thankfully.

Although, humbly, with your help i have solved my trouble, i still find it extremly disappointing that a problem that people seem to have been having stretching back to the 2013 version, still requires that amount of intervention by the user. I worked in (PC based) IT support 12 years ago, so i have some understanding of system files, and it fooled me. Software of this quality (and indeed cost!) should install correctly itself, nothing else i have ever installed requires me to make hidden system files visible, then copy and paste specific system files to a deep rooted file location. Its pretty poor service by Autodesk in my opinion, especially i have wasted large parts of today installing, restarting, uninstalling, restarting, installing, googling... you get the idea!

I hope this gets fixed in the future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost