AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Mac

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
billcerts
624 Views, 1 Reply

New to Mac

Hello everyone.  I am finally making the shift to AutoCad on the Mac after decades of using it under Windows.  As you know, Windows opened a base window and the file windows opened within it.  Mac just opens the file window.  A very usefull tool for me was the ability to tile two windows vertically with a button click using the syswindow command, and then using the restore button to zoom the one I wanted to work on.  Does anyone know of any way to do something simmilar using the Mac?  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: billcerts

Hi,

You rise the question about Mac OS X feature, not about AutoCAD specific feature.

As you can read here:

http://forums.macworld.com/index.php?/topic/62198-how-to-arrange-windows-in-mac-os/

in message by durandal343:

"I think he's referring to how in Windows you can use the Tile or Arrange commands and windows that were inconveniently overlapping are suddenly lined up next to each other conveniently. That is not a standard Mac OS X command, though it's a core function in Windows.
Some Mac apps have Tile and Arrange, but only because those apps do it cross-platform. Tile and Arrange aren't in the Finder. One of the few areas where Windows is actually a little nicer. On the Mac, you'll have to arrange those windows by hand"

Although it was written 7 years ago, it is still true.

As you probably know - AutoCAD for Mac is native Mac application - so it doesn't have Windows platform specific functionality on arranging windows

But at the same time if you want to bring a kind of such functionality to your Mac you can try free application from Mac App Store: Spectacle. Or paid Moom from the same place (it has now 50% discount until he end of June!)

There are a lot of paid applications for implementing such feature too, just google for them with "arrange windows on mac os x"

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost