AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Named Plot Styles

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
danmayer175
821 Views, 3 Replies

Named Plot Styles

I have been trying to set up a file using named plot styles.

So I have started a new file using the named plot style template that came with ACAD 2012 Mac.  Then I assign my stb file in the page setup dialog in modelspace, which also assigns it to all my layouts.  Now when I go to layer manager, I select a layer which is intended to plot at 50% gray.  I click on the plot style and, as expected, I see the list of plot styles that I created.  The problem comes when I select any of them, the layer just reverts right back to "normal".  So all of the layers are set to normal, and I can't change any of them.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sarra.cenia
in reply to: danmayer175

I am having the same problem.  I'd appreciate help from anyone that knows a fix!

Using Autocad LT for Mac 2015 on Yosemite
Tags (3)
Message 3 of 4
a00811370
in reply to: danmayer175

Same problem, I believe it's some kind of bug so please help if anyone has any information regarding this problem.

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: a00811370

Hi guys,

This defect should be resolved in next Service Pack, but for now - here is a workaround:

After assigning Plot Style table to Model (and Layouts) go to "Current Properties" tab in Properties palette (ensure that nothing selected). Scroll to "Plot Style" property, open drop-down list with Styles and choose each of the Styles one by one by selecting them from drop-down.

After you select and "assign" all of the Styles - return back to "By Layer"

Now - go to Layers Palette (not Layer property tab of Properties palette) and open "Style" property list - it magically populated with all available styles and you can assign them to Layer(s):

Screen shot 2012-04-19 at 18.48.07.png

HTH

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost