AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My files disappear.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
paarch
706 Views, 7 Replies

My files disappear.

First off, this is my current machine:

27-inch iMac

3.4GHz Intel Core i7

8GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Mac OS X Lion 10.7

Here is my issue. I WAS running Architectural Desktop 3.3 (I know EXTREMELY OLD) on a PC. Recently purchased new iMac running AutoCad 2012 for Mac and have been transferring files from the old machine to the new one.

After transferring the files, I open AutoCad for Mac, edit a file, save the file, and close AutoCad. When I go to the location of my recently transferred files, ALL of the files (except the file I editted and saved) have disappeared. This includes, DWGs, PDFs, JPGs, Word Documents, etc. 

The Harddrive available space is the same as it was before I transferred the files. The trash is empty. Other than the One file I editted, it appears that I never transferred the files in the first place. 

I've tried it multiple times... with multiple flashdrives... to multiple folders...  and it keeps doing the same thing.

HELP!!!!

Picture 1: Shows available disk space as 987.34 GB before transferring the files.

Picture 2: Shows available disk space as 986.41 GB after transferring the files.

Picture 3: After Editting and saving a file... the files that were transferred have disappeared. Available space has reverted to 987.34 GB available. Trash is empty.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: paarch

Hi,
There is a bug in AC 2012 for Mac- if you open andcsave DWG file inside folder, which name contains # sign, AutoCAD erase ALL files inside this folder. So - don't use # sign in folder names. This issue should be resolved in upcoming update for AC for Mac
Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 8
paarch
in reply to: maxim_k

THANK YOU! It seems to work. I was tearing my hair out trying to figure this out.

Message 4 of 8
Leaf.chai

Hi,

Can you have a retest after you get the AutoCAD for Mac 2012 update 1?

Leaf Chai
AutoCAD QA Analyst

Message 5 of 8
paarch
in reply to: Leaf.chai

Downloaded the patch.

Replicated the process I had issues with before, and the files are no longer being deleted.

However, once I save a drawing and close it, autocad freezes, crashes, and I get the Send Error report pop up.

So... improved, but still screwy.

Message 6 of 8
maxim_k

@paarch wrote:

However, once I save a drawing and close it, autocad freezes, crashes, and I get the Send Error report pop up.

Does this happens always? with every file?
Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 7 of 8
paarch
in reply to: maxim_k

Just files that are located within a folder with "#" in the name.

Doesn't crash in files located in folders without.

Message 8 of 8
Leaf.chai

Hi,

Have you sent the crash report after quit crash?

If you send, can you give me your e-mail address which used to send crash report?

I will try to repro this and keep on tracking with it.

Leaf Chai
AutoCAD QA Analyst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost