AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving palettes crashes AutoCAD

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
299 Views, 2 Replies

Moving palettes crashes AutoCAD

AutoCAd 2013 lt for mac (on mavericks) doesn't remeber where i put my pallettes.  When I open AutoCAd the palettes are all on top of weach other in the middle of my screen.  When I move them to a different screen or the edge of my main display they high light the edge to dock to the edge of the display.  If I hang here for more than 1/2 a second autocad crashes. Every time.  If I zoom past it there is no issue.

Is there a way to stop this from happening? Is it a known issue that will be fixed in an update? 

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Not sure about crashes you experienced, but about profile.aws file where the positions of tool palettes are saved you can read here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-general/lock-tool-palettes-they-move-too-easily-and-un...

You can try:
- reset palettes from Window menu

or:

- quit AutoCAD,
- move profile.aws file to some safe place and start AutoCAD - this should restore default behavior of tool palettes.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Resetting the pallettes seems to have stopped the crashing.  However the pallettes still open on top of each other in the middle of my screen.  I do use a secondary monitor for most pallettes.  I tried socking them to the screen edges and only the ones docked saved locations.  Sadly I can't change the size of the pallettes when docked.  

I didn't have these problems with 2012 lt on 10.8.  However an update, adobe I think made 2012 lt on 10.8 unuseable.  I know this isn't the place to do say this but it seems strange to me that 2013 lt for mac doesn't have the capabilities or stability of 2008 lt on windows.  It also seems like support for software is dropped really fast on the mac.  I haven't used Autocad on windows since 2010.  But it seemed like Autodesk would fix new problems from software incompatability regularly in windows but not on Mac.  I want to support this platform as I prefer the OSx environment.  Most of my other software actually rums equal or better on Mac vs a comprable PC except autoCAD.  And right now AC LT is my primary software.  

That said these forums are far better than the ones for my other software. Of course I don't need them weekly.  I could not use ACAD LT for MAC without your knowledge.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost