AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model space/paper space switching in layout tab

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
43467 Views, 7 Replies

Model space/paper space switching in layout tab

in the PC version of autocad there is a button at the bottom of the screen (with the ortho, snap, tracking, etc) to switch between the paper and model spaces within the layout.  I cant find a way to switch back and forth in the Mac version.  Help!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello michaelrothberg,

It's still at the bottom but an entirely different way to access the layouts. In fact, there are two different ways.

There's that four square button: http://gkgraphics.com/images/temp/img_2010-10-22_1.png

and there's that Model button: http://gkgraphics.com/images/temp/img_2010-10-22_2.png

Gary

Message 3 of 8
maxim_k

Hi michaelrothberg,

If you ask about switching between model space and paper space inside layout, so there is no special buttons in AutoCAD for MAC on status bar - those you have in Windows version:

1366i35AD75F24A50B4E5

1368i35FF0A2672508410

You can switch between Model Space and Paper Space by:

1. Double-clicking inside viewport - to switch to Model, and on layout to switch to layout.

2. If you cannot see layout (zoom in viewport area) - use command aliases PS - to switch to layout and MS - to switch to Model.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

It took me a while to find what I needed. Clicking on the button on the far right with the padlock on allows you to edit.

Screen shot 2011-04-28 at 10.20.43.png

Message 5 of 8
maxim_k

Hi,

Actually this button locks scale of current viewport, so if it it locked - you can not use ZOOM command while you are inside viewport in Layout. When you ZOOM in such situation, AotoCAD perform zoom in paperspace (Layout) and not in model space.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

I was having the same problem as OP, I couldn't find it, and I only have Windows to use at school so I am very used to that version, but double clicking inside the viewport worked, it was driving me crazy! Thank you Maxim_k 🙂 Another happy camper.

Message 7 of 8
JA-ID

Hi. The bar/window on the first link you provided disappeared from my interface, how do I access again?

Thank you 

Message 8 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: JA-ID

Hi,

It is Status Bar. You can turn it on from Window menu (select Status Bar), or with Command+6 shortcut from keyboard.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost