AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac NLM retrieve from Windows Server

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
andre.schoeman
344 Views, 2 Replies

Mac NLM retrieve from Windows Server

Good afternoon,

I got this out of the Autodesk FAQ, and not sure about the "mixed networks":

3.7 Does AutoCAD 2012 for Mac support network licensing?

Yes. AutoCAD 2012 for Mac can be run via a network license. You can run

“mixed networks”, with both AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD 2012 for Mac products

sharing licenses.

3.9 Can I transfer my AutoCAD license between platforms (from AutoCAD

to AutoCAD for Mac)?

Yes. Customers with licenses of AutoCAD 2012 can now activate AutoCAD 2012

for Mac with the same license number and activation code.

Customers with licenses of Design Suites that contain AutoCAD 2012 can also

activate AutoCAD 2012 for Mac with the same license number and activation

code.

I would like to know when a user is running AutoCAD for Mac on his Macbook using a NLM license, will they be able to retrieve license from a Windows Server (LMTOOLS) or does it need to be a Apple server?

Thanks,

Andre

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: andre.schoeman

The NLM is compatible with many platforms, including Windows, Linux, and Mac.  You should be able to connect and retrieve a license so long as connectivity exists between the computers on ports 2080 and 27000, and any other port required by your software to connect. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
molog2
in reply to: TravisNave

Just a small further detail about the crossing licenses and operating systems: AutoCAD 2012 for Mac uses a different feature code in the license file, thus you cannot use an AutoCAD 2012 for Windows license for the Mac version of AutoCAD 2012.
In order to use a network license for the AutoCAD 2012 for the Mac you have to request a specific license file for the Windows server. Note that although it works perfectly, this configuration is not officially supported as it has not been fully tested.

Giancarlo Molo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost