AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

Awbrook
Message 1 of 6 (720 Views)

Mac Block Libraries

720 Views, 5 Replies
07-10-2012 04:01 PM

Hey so I am an architecture student and am very familiar with AutoCAD and Revit. I run Revit on a windows7 partition of my mac and then have AutoCAD for mac on my OS X partition. I have noticed however that there is no block library on the mac version of AutoCAD and that is a slight bummer as I am trying to do a quick mock up of a basement for my family so they can take it to the city for apporval. Does anyone know of either a place where I can find just a whole library of doors, windows, casework, plumbing, electircal, and furniture? cause I really need one!

Thank You,

Andrew

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 6 (719 Views)

Re: Mac Block Libraries

07-10-2012 04:06 PM in reply to: Awbrook

There is no block libary in any OS version of plain AutoCAD: but you can search the NET for free content to use in either version to doenload and use.

AutoCAD is not REVIT: REVIT is focused at a specific type of user and industry, plain AutoCAD is aimed at everyone and no one all at the same time (and is much cheaper than REVIT, you get what you pay for).

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
gbobo
Message 3 of 6 (634 Views)

10-10-2012 05:52 AM in reply to: pendean
So AutoCAD for Mac does not include any sample blocks?
*Expert Elite*
maxim_k
Message 4 of 6 (630 Views)

10-10-2012 06:48 AM in reply to: gbobo

No, does not include.

Maxim

Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | MARSS

otchie
Message 5 of 6 (243 Views)

02-28-2014 12:00 PM in reply to: Awbrook
Hi,
Can you please tell me how you run revit on your mac and autocad? Thanks for any help
Mentor
justshutup
Message 6 of 6 (240 Views)

02-28-2014 12:30 PM in reply to: Awbrook

Awbrook wrote:

Hey so I am an architecture student and am very familiar with AutoCAD and Revit. I run Revit on a windows7 partition of my mac and then have AutoCAD for mac on my OS X partition. I have noticed however that there is no block library on the mac version of AutoCAD and that is a slight bummer as I am trying to do a quick mock up of a basement for my family so they can take it to the city for apporval. Does anyone know of either a place where I can find just a whole library of doors, windows, casework, plumbing, electircal, and furniture? cause I really need one!

Thank You,

Andrew

http://bit.ly/1hZNkF6

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!