AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Block Libraries

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Awbrook
1306 Views, 6 Replies

Mac Block Libraries

Hey so I am an architecture student and am very familiar with AutoCAD and Revit. I run Revit on a windows7 partition of my mac and then have AutoCAD for mac on my OS X partition. I have noticed however that there is no block library on the mac version of AutoCAD and that is a slight bummer as I am trying to do a quick mock up of a basement for my family so they can take it to the city for apporval. Does anyone know of either a place where I can find just a whole library of doors, windows, casework, plumbing, electircal, and furniture? cause I really need one!

Thank You,

Andrew

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Awbrook

There is no block libary in any OS version of plain AutoCAD: but you can search the NET for free content to use in either version to doenload and use.

AutoCAD is not REVIT: REVIT is focused at a specific type of user and industry, plain AutoCAD is aimed at everyone and no one all at the same time (and is much cheaper than REVIT, you get what you pay for).

Message 3 of 7
gbobo
in reply to: pendean

So AutoCAD for Mac does not include any sample blocks?
Message 4 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: gbobo

No, does not include.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 7
otchie

Hi,
Can you please tell me how you run revit on your mac and autocad? Thanks for any help
Message 6 of 7
justshutup

@Awbrook wrote:

Hey so I am an architecture student and am very familiar with AutoCAD and Revit. I run Revit on a windows7 partition of my mac and then have AutoCAD for mac on my OS X partition. I have noticed however that there is no block library on the mac version of AutoCAD and that is a slight bummer as I am trying to do a quick mock up of a basement for my family so they can take it to the city for apporval. Does anyone know of either a place where I can find just a whole library of doors, windows, casework, plumbing, electircal, and furniture? cause I really need one!

Thank You,

Andrew

http://bit.ly/1hZNkF6

Message 7 of 7

Thanks so much, you've saved me countless hours.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost