AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac AutoCAD 2013 Mouse Middle Button and Pan command incredibly Slow

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bradford79
4966 Views, 4 Replies

Mac AutoCAD 2013 Mouse Middle Button and Pan command incredibly Slow

Hello,
I'm having a problem with my Pan Command. I've downloaded the 3-year student version license for Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 for Mac - MAC OSX - EN. When I manually type in "pan" or attempt to use my mac mouse's middle button to pan, I have to wait for the program to think for a few seconds before it is able to pan. This delay is incredibly inconvenient and is obviously integral to work flow/use of the program. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem? I checked the MBUTTONPAN variable and it is set to 1.  I also checked my system preferences for the mouse and there is no "middle button" function to assign the middle button on a mac.  I've attached a screen shot of the menu .
Thanks,
Brad

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: bradford79

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

At first I have to say that it doesn't matter which function assigned to middle mouse button in Mac OS System preferences when you use this mouse with AutoCAD (with MBUTTONPAN=1 for panning). In your setup it assigned in Sys prefs to Mission Control and it works for panning in AutoCAD, in my case it is "Button 3" an it works too.

As I understand from your post the main problem for you is the delay before it start to pan after you call PAN command (by typng it at the command prompt or by using middle mouse button). And I have some questions for you:

Does this happens even in new just created drawings?

How complex are drawings you edit?

What visual style do you have active in your drawings?

Are there external references attached to the drawings where you can see delays when you start PAN command?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
bradford79

Hi Maxim,

Thank you for your response! You are correct- in that the delay occurs before I can pan regardless of whether I type the pan command or attempt to use my middle button on my mouse.

To answer your questions:

It happens in newly created drawings, with zero complexity, and no exrefs. I was testing it last night, drew a simple closed poly-line, and attempted to pan around the drawing using my middle mouse button in addition to typing the Pan command and both took what seemed like an eternity to respond! The visual style is set to 2D Wireframe. Please help!

Thank you so much for your assistance,

Best,

Brad

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 4 of 5
maxim_k

Hi Brad,

I've just noticed that the title of your post said "AutoCAD 2013", but then you wrote about AutoCAD 2014.
Which AutoCAD do you have then?
Which OS is installed on your Mac? and what hardware do you have?
Have you tried to re-install AutoCAD by removing it with Remove AutoCAD application (with removing AutoCAD preferences during uninstallation) and install it again?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 5
bradford79
in reply to: maxim_k

Dear Maxim,

My apologies for the delayed response! My OS X is Version 10.8.5, build 12F45, and yes, you are correct, I have AutoCAD 2014, the student/teacher version. I'm going to try and do the reinstall you recommended right now. Fingers crossed it works.

Thanks!

Brad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost