AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mac and autocad lt

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JohnLongbottom2599
367 Views, 3 Replies

mac and autocad lt

At the moment i run autocad LT on a PC and it is slow.  I was thinking of buying a macbook pro and running autocad lt on it with a large screen and then when i am away i can take my laptop with me. Does the normal autocad lt run on a mac and would it have enough umpf to run it. Which model should i buy?

Regards John Longbottom

Longbottom Building Projects Ltd

Rotorua NEW ZEALAND

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Normal LT? As in, the one for Windows that will not run on MAC OS?

You need to upgrade to LT for MAC to run it smoothly on a MAC hardware: otherwise what's the point of buying a MAC, so you can cripple it by running WIndows on it too?

Message 3 of 4

Would be very careful at present as all AutoCAd Mac versions are NOT SUPPORTED on the new OS x Mountain Lion.

At present there appears to be no comment from AutoDesk with regard to WHEN support will be offered.

You could always download the trail version of LT form the Mac which appear to be stablish! and see how it goes from there.

Message 4 of 4

AutoCAD LT for the PC can be run on the MAC, you just need either Parallels or VM Fusionware, both these packages are virtural machines whichallow you to run a seperate operating system within the MAC OS X.

Alot of professional have programes that will only run in windows and this is the easy way to run them.

Also if you do get the MAC verison you may be able to cross license it for both systems.

Also not forgetting the option of "Boot Camp" on the MAC which effectivly allows you to install Windows on your MAC and this would then give you a choice of which operating system to boot up.

I have used a MAC OS X with VM Fusionware and Windows XP with AutoCAD and found no problems with the speed of functioning of AutoCAD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost