AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT2012 for Mac - Dialog Box disappearing

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
BKSF
2901 Views, 11 Replies

LT2012 for Mac - Dialog Box disappearing

Hi,

Running into a serious issue where certain dialog boxes are not appearing. The app runs as if the dialog is present (can't edit and menu bar is greyed out, but the box is nowhere to be found.

The two instnaces so far:

- Edit Page Set-up...: The print dialog shows up, but when I select the "Edit Page Setup..." button the app runs in a mode as if the box is there but it can't be seen. Hitting escape brings me back to the original print dialog box.

- Edit Attributes for a block: Same as a above, except the box shows up for a split second and then it's gone.

Things I've explored with no succes:

- checked all spaces

- hidden or closed all other windows

- permission repair

- tried on multiple dwg files

- Clean Screen mode

- hide all pallettes

- rebooting

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Byron

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
maxim_k
in reply to: BKSF

Reinstall AutoCAD?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 12
BKSF
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks...I guess I could give that a shot. Was hoping that it'd be a last resort.

B

Message 4 of 12
BKSF

Reinstalling didn't work...deleting pref files seems to have done the trick.

Message 5 of 12
cwilk

Could you tell me where the preference file is located please?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 12
maxim_k
in reply to: cwilk

Hi,

It is in "~/Library/Preferences" folder, the name of the file is: com.autodesk.autocadlt.plist

If you are on Lion, then:

"Holding down the Option key will show the “Library” directory as an option in the Finders Go menu. The other nice thing about the Go menu is that after you have accessed ~/Library on multiple occasions, it will start to appear in the “Recent Folders” submenu for easy repeat access."

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 7 of 12
Sidragross
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi there,

I am experiencing the exact same problems that you have already described. The dialogue box fails to appear when I go to "page setup" from plot mode. Everything freezes up and won't go back to normal till I've hit "escape".

I have tried locating "com.autodesk.autocadlt.plist" but it isn't in my library directory under preferences.

Any suggestions???

Thank you!

Sidra

Message 8 of 12
BKSF
in reply to: Sidragross

Hi,

Are you looking in the system Library vs user Library? The preference file should be in the Pref folder in the user library (user library hidden by default - you would need to select the Go menu in teh Finder while holding down the Option key to reveal the user Library, as Maxim describes above.)

Thx,

Byron

Message 9 of 12
jess05

Hii

I've tried deleting the preference file but didn't work. Any othe solution??

Thanx

Message 10 of 12
kathy
in reply to: jess05

This is happening to me when I try to ATTEDIT - I see the box pop up momentarily and then it goes away and I cant edit my blocks that are tied to attributes.

I might have turned something off with att(...) command line (0,1,2). Does anyone know how to fix this?

Message 11 of 12
kathy
in reply to: kathy

Looks like my command is EATTEDIT

Message 12 of 12
infotapes

I fixed the problem, but I also found difficulty when only removing the com.autodesk....plist file from the preference folder.  I had to remove all of the files associated with autodesk from the pref folder before the problem was compleatly eliminated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost