AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Look and feel

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ggunn
500 Views, 4 Replies

Look and feel

OK, here's my next question. For the last 4 or 5 years I have been using LT on Windows machines, but I just got it for my Mac. The look and feel is totally different. I am used to having the tabbed menu bar and all the tools across the top of the window, layers/properties pullouts docked on the side, and model and layout space tabs across the bottom. Is there a way to get the Mac version to look like that?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: ggunn

HI,
AutoCAD on Mac "Look and feel" is completely different than on PC:
- on Mac you don't have the Ribbon (tabbed menu bar) and branch of toolbars.
- all toolbars are accumulated in Tool Sets palette with ability to switch between tabs with sets of icons
- all UI elements could be either floating or you can docked to the sides of the screen (Tool Sets to the left or to the right: Layers, Properties, Content, References, Projects, Materials palettes to the left or to the right side; Command window and Status Bar to the bottom side)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
ggunn
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks, Maxim. Have you any suggestions as to how I can most quickly and effectively get up to speed on the Mac version of AutoCAD LT? At first blush it looks so different that it might as well be a completely new program for me to learn, and I haven't been able to find any Mac specific tutorials on line. I have been using AutoCAD LT on a PC for about 4 years but when I open an old file it's not obvious to me how to do anything.

Message 4 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: ggunn

Hi,

I think you need to start here:
http://m.lynda.com/AutoCAD-tutorials/AutoCAD-2011-Migrating-from-Windows-Mac/71745-2.html

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 5
ggunn
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks! I am a subscriber to lynda.com and I looked through their AutoCAD tutorials the other day but somehow I missed it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost