AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading ctb files

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
johnrwd
1319 Views, 4 Replies

Loading ctb files

Hi there,

I'm aware of issues creating/editing ctb files in AutoCAD for Mac. So I thought I'd try working with a standard (AIA Standard.ctb) to save myself some hassle. But unfortunately when I try to follow the steps which other people seem to use (Page Setup > Advanced > Name: Reveal in Finder) Finder fails to open.

I've located what I think is the correct folder on the AutoCAD package (...UserDataCache\roaming\Plotters\Plot Styles) and saved my plot styles there but alas, still not showing on the drop down menu in page setup.

HELP!!! This is driving me potty!

John 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: johnrwd

Hi John,

Which version of AutoCAD for Mac do you use?

If it is AutoCAD 2011 for Mac, you can put CTB file to "~//Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD 2011/R18.1/enu/Plotters/Plot Styles" folder ("Library" folder inside your Home folder.)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
johnrwd
in reply to: maxim_k

It is indeed 2011. I've saved the ctb files into the location you gave - a much easier location to access so will have to remember that - but I'm afraid they still don't show in the 'name' field in 'plot styles > advanced' and 'reveal in finder' still isn't doing any thing for me.

Message 4 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: johnrwd

Did you restart AutoCAD after you add CTB files? Also, please, ensure that you installed all 3 Updates to AutoCAD 2011.
Unfortunately I don't have AutoCAD 2011 on my Mac, and can not test your problem.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 5
johnrwd
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks for your ideas.

Restarted: yes.

Updates: I have just checked & installed updates 2 & 3. They weren't on there before. Unfortunately it hasn't solved my problem. The 'reveal in finder' is not opening finder.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost