AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lion is out, but read this first

53 REPLIES 53
Message 1 of 54
Kate_LT
8731 Views, 53 Replies

Lion is out, but read this first

There are currently some incompatibilities between AutoCAD 2011 for Mac and the Lion OS X. We're working on fixing them as quickly as possible, but in the meantime you may want to hold off on the upgrade.

Read the support blog post on the topic: http://bit.ly/qcvvFe

Thanks for your patience -- we hope to have an update for you soon.

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
53 REPLIES 53
Message 41 of 54
chloea
in reply to: Kate_LT

I tried to print, and then autocad crashed. it doesn't even work if you uninstall autocad and try to reinstall it. is there a way to reinstall it?

Message 42 of 54
mhamon

Almost 3 months since Lion came out and still no patch for AutoCAD 2011. I think the 2011 version was really just a beta test version and now that 2012 is out it will be forgotton and unsupported. 

Message 43 of 54
dhard
in reply to: mhamon

Hello,

You can now download Update 3 (which provides compatibility suport with Lion) from the Autodesk Product Support website.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17917944&linkID=15839491

Thank you,

Debashis

Debashis Dhar
AutoCAD Test Development
Message 44 of 54
rsr789i
in reply to: mhamon

mhamon, I really hope not. 2012 seems to be far more stable than 2011, but 2011 should work without crashing constantly (including when the program is open, not doing anything, and I go elsewhere, come back and it crashed all on its own). Smiley Sad

Message 45 of 54
hlafferty28
in reply to: chloea

AS mentioned above, the patch is out ... but!!!

I applied the patch after appying updates 1 and 2.  I had applied those previously however Autocad 2011 kept shutting down without warning.

After applying updates 1, 2 and 3 - Autocad 2011 for Mac STILL shuts down without warning.  So, I deleted Autcad and reinstalled as the out of the box versions - no patches.  It works without crashing.  Slow, but it works.

In my opinion, Autodesk is really more about selling 2012 than supporting 2011.  Just saying!

Message 46 of 54
danilomileta

HI, i was looking but i can`t find de option of "create new material" on the material browser on AutoCad 2012 for Mac.  the materials are limited? i´ve the current 30 days trial version, or exist this option in the full version?

Tanks

Message 47 of 54
DarrenP

you can't create materials in the MAC version of autocad: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15833488&linkID=15839490

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 48 of 54
susilv

So, not to sound redundant, but I just installed AutoCad 2011 for Mac to my Lion OS Mac. It opened up, and even opened one file - then shut down. Now it won't start at all. Is there a fix coming? At all? I have installed both patches - and that doesn't make any difference.

Message 49 of 54
maxim_k
in reply to: susilv

Hi,

You should install all THREE Updates (Update3 solves problems on Lion OS)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 50 of 54
hlafferty28

Not for me.  I have given up trying to run Autocad R11 with the patches and am still running OSX 10.6.8 instead of Lion.

Message 51 of 54
ozonsurf

How about AutoCAD 2012 I cannot open the demo  think it is a permissions issue. I am thinking of doing complete backup and erasing internal HD and installing new system maybe LIon any thoughts

Mahalo

Message 52 of 54
susilv

OK...downloaded the patch - the 2011 I purchased I did so with the education discount. So it all works, EXCEPT when I try to print it won't print dimensions. Is that indicative of the education version? or something I can fix in the program? I have looked at layers, model space and viewports. the layer is turned on, and unlocked. Am I missing something basic?

s

Message 53 of 54
maxim_k

Please, verify that your dimensions are on printable layer (for example - Defpoints layer never prints from AutoCAD). You can check this in Layers palette

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 54 of 54
notoben

it's need more than 3GB ram if you want install the patch 2, but my mbp have 2 GB only, so when I launch the cad 2011, it's crash every time, what should I do now? buy a new MAC? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost