AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

thomas.neilson
Message 1 of 3 (307 Views)

Lines and Shapes don't light up anymore.

307 Views, 2 Replies
01-17-2012 10:59 AM

The first few months that I used AutoCAD for Mac, everything that was edit-able would light up when the cursor was over them, making it easy for me to click on them and see what I'm editing. But it suddenly stopped doing that. How do I turn it back on?

*Also*

I want the constraints to stay off. Everytime I make an action, those boxes will appear and they get in the way of my drawings. I can temporarily shut them off, but once I make another action, they will appear again. How can I permanently shut them off?

Thank you

*Expert Elite*
maxim_k
Message 2 of 3 (298 Views)

Re: Lines and Shapes don't light up anymore.

01-17-2012 09:35 PM in reply to: thomas.neilson

Hi Thomas,

On first issue - check SELECTIONPREVIEW variable - it should be 3.

About the second one: looks like you have "Infer Constraints" turned ON, to turn them OFF use button on Status Bar, or SHIFT+CMD+I shortcut.

HTH

Maxim

Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | MARSS

thomas.neilson
Message 3 of 3 (294 Views)

Re: Lines and Shapes don't light up anymore.

01-18-2012 07:51 AM in reply to: thomas.neilson

Thank you so much! I was getting really frustrated with all the extra stuff on the screen, and it would take me several tries sometimes to click on what I wanted.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.