AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines and Hatch selectively DO NOT print!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
s_b_55
843 Views, 3 Replies

Lines and Hatch selectively DO NOT print!

I can export my drawing pages to PDF, and on screen everything is there and looks fine.

However, when I print my drawing pages either from the page layout, OR print from the exported PDF, random lines do not print at all, and certain parts of hatching do not print either!

Has anyone had this happen? I've tried re-saving my PDF's to JPEG, or even doing a screen-shot of them... and that actually makes the problem worse and many lines disappear.

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: s_b_55

Hi,
If you can see all lines in PDF file on screen, but some of lines disappears on paper, then the case could be in printer (plotter) you use.
Could you, please, post your PDF here?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
s_b_55

Hi,

I had thought that too, but I'm on my second printer and have had the issue with both.

Also, if I save an exported PDF as a JPEG, a lot more lines disappear. So it's something digital that's happening... not to do with the printer. Very strange.

I'll attach an exported PDF (all lines show but not all print), and a JPEG (drawing is gone other than annotations)

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k

Hi Stephanie,

I've printed your PDF on my HP Officejet 7000 printer and everything seems OK (see attached picture - IMG_0303.JPG). I also exported your PDF to JPG in Preview.app and again - everything looks right (attached "FRONT DOOR OPTIONS 1 07JAN2013.jpg").

The two things I've noticed in your PDF:

1. The stroke width of the lines in PDF are 0.000 mm - as Adibe Illustrator shows.

2. The color of hatch lines is light gray.

I think those factors could be the cause of your troubles.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost