AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line weight problem in layout

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
recinedesign
7042 Views, 4 Replies

Line weight problem in layout

hi all i helo someone can help me out,

Schermata 2014-01-24 alle 13.41.33.png

this is the problem im getting, in model space i can change line weight at any time and it show correctly, but in the layout they reamin the same, now in this image you can see how thick the line are, but i have set them to 0.05mm the  smallest.

when i print this is a big problem because the line like the one for the window become all a black stripe, cause they are too heavy.

the same in the model space:

Schermata 2014-01-24 alle 13.54.21.png

and the page setup, the design is in meter, and the print is an A1 in 1:200 scale:

Schermata 2014-01-24 alle 13.56.24.png

scale was set to o,001 to make the scale work, because the paper is in millimiter (old university trick)   , now the thing is, i have done this with autocad 2013 for mac and i cant remeber how i did to make it work, now i have to print it again with autocad 2014 for mac but cant find out how to print with smaller lineweight, every trick or tip is appreciated , please help if you can i need this for my last university exam next week 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: recinedesign

Hi,

How do you set lineweights for objects in your drawing? If you set them BYLAYER and use different lineweights for Layers- please check that you don't have viewport overrides for lineweights. If you want, you can't post your drawing here (or part of the drawing with problem area), I'll look at it.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
recinedesign

hi thank you for your repy... im setting lineweight by layer, two of them, (grigio pianta, and nuovi alloggi) for some i have set it manually, like for the trees and some other. 

for the viewport override i dont know, how to check?

in the attachment the one i m working on are the coloured one, and the one in the little red square (the 2floor )  im not sure of the other ( it's a lillte chaotic because its a group work )

i have zipped the file cause it say its too large

thank for helping

Message 4 of 5
recinedesign

i think i solved with the viewport override thing, in the mac version that was hidden in the layer bar, just why was on by default? i have typed VPLAYEROVERRIDESMODE and set it to 0, but is there a another way i have missed like a button or a setting?
Message 5 of 5
maxim_k

I do not use VP Lineweights overrides, all settings for layer lineweights I do in Model, so I never change the default VPLAYEROVERRIDESMODE=1 setting.
In order not to be confused with Layer properties settings I can advice you to change them in Layout only if you are "inside" viewport - in Model, but not in Paper space.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost