AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer States Manger in AutoCad LT 2013 for MAC

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
galushle
9783 Views, 24 Replies

Layer States Manger in AutoCad LT 2013 for MAC

Hi, 

I have been searching the web and have been finding mixed resposes... Does Layer States or Layer States Manager exist in AutoCad LT 2013 for MAC? 

When I type it into the command bar it comes back as unknow... When I type it into the search command it doesn't find it.

Is it now called something different? if it doesn't exist, is there another way to acheive (creating certain grouping of layers that will "turn on" and "turn off" only in certain situations) using another command or tool?

Thanks! 

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
maxim_k
in reply to: awl1l

Hi ART,

I think the best explanations regarding your issues with layer states in Model and in Paperspace (inside viewports in Layout) already done by Alfred NESWADBA in this topic:

“Locking” the layers state in the viewport

In other words you have to distinguish the difference between Global layer properties and Viewport (VP) layer properties and use them when you create Layer states for viewports and changing something in layer settings in Model space afterwards.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 22 of 25
awl1l
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi Maxim,

I looked at the Alfred NESWADBA post on this topic: 

“Locking” the layers state in the viewport

It essentially suggests what I had mused was a possible option in my previous post

"I guess that I could just bring up the layer control window in each viewport, and brute force VP freeze the layers I don't want on (and have a layer state resotred in model space with all layers on and unfrozen). But that isn't very elegant and is pretty time consuming"

However, I would hope that there is a solution to this that involves the power of the Layer Manager. Otherwise one has to repeat over and over again the  selection of VP layer freezing for each layer (one at a time), for each viewport in all the Layouts (though once you have done this for each viewport, you are indeed good to go). Is it possible to create a saved Layer state that has some state of VP layer freeze settings, go into a new viewport, apply that Layer state (in order to get close to what one might want for VP settings), and then tweeak the VP freeze layer settings?

For example, one could have a VP Layer freeze setting state for "sections" that would be a good first step (though not exactly what I want) for all my section viewports. After applying it with the viewport active, I would then go in a tweak the invididual settings of VP layer freeze for just a handful of layers and arrive at what I want for that viewport. 

thanks,

ART

Message 23 of 25
maxim_k
in reply to: awl1l

You can use LMAN command from my AutoLISP routine to save Layer state with VP frozen layer and than restore this Layer state with the same command in any other viewport without affecting all other viewports. If you will try to restore Layer State with stAte option of -LAYER command at command prompt, you will not get result you need. There is a small "secret" in my routine that allows to restore VP dependent layer properties without affecting other viewports.
You can read about this "secret" by following the link in my blogpost about Layer State manager.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 24 of 25
CosmicRocket
in reply to: maxim_k

What a f'ing heachache this is!

How do I export my layer states and import them into another drawing. I went through all the prompts only to not know where it exported the file!

Message 25 of 25
CosmicRocket
in reply to: CosmicRocket

For those of you like me frustrated by this.

the .LAS file save to the follwing folder...

/Users/Username/Documents

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost