AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with dimentions

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
bauberto
520 Views, 6 Replies

Issues with dimentions

I am using Autodesk for MAC 2014 that I recently installed.  After I installed the program I created a drawing and now I'd like to be able to display the dimentions.  So far, I have not been able to get the dimentions to show up.  I have gone through the Dimention Style Manager and tried changing the settings of the standard template but I am not able to get any lines or number values to display.  I see my drawing but no other lines that relate to dimentions.  I am not sure what other information is needed, maybe there is just one item I didn't select.

Ultimately what I am trying to do is get the dimentions and tolerances to display on the drawing and be able to give those details to my friend who has Autocad but can only render in 2D, which is why I need to be able to show the dimentions for all the sides.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jmartinarch
in reply to: bauberto

Check to see if the layer on, and thawed?  

Message 3 of 7
maxim_k

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,
Could you attach your drawing here?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 7
bauberto

Hello-

I can't find any options for adjusting the layers to get the dimentions to show.

Attached is the file I am working with.

Message 5 of 7
jmartinarch

When I rotated / flipped the view I was able to add dimensions. 

Message 6 of 7
bauberto
in reply to: jmartinarch

when you rotated the view, what button did you press to add the dimentions?  Maybe that's what I am missing...I can rotate the view but don't see how to turn on the layer for dimentions.  

Here is what I see when I rotate the item...

Message 7 of 7
maxim_k

You need to adjust UCS after you rotate view in order to be able to draw dimensions.
So after you set the view (I think you do this with ViewCube), you need to set UCS parallel to this view - use UCS command with View option:

Command: UCS
Current ucs name: *WORLD*
Specify origin of UCS or [Face/NAmed/OBject/Previous/View/World/X/Y/Z/ZAxis] <World>: V
Command:

Put dimensions, then if you need to draw in previous plan, you need to set UCS back to world again: type UCS at the command prompt and hit Return:

Command: UCS
Current ucs name: *NO NAME*
Specify origin of UCS or [Face/NAmed/OBject/Previous/View/World/X/Y/Z/ZAxis] <World>: <- Hit Return
Command:

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost