AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISOPLANE

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
FaPe61
447 Views, 4 Replies

ISOPLANE

AUTODESK AUTOCAD HELP is explaining how to switch from one Isoplane to the other.

However, I have a problem as per following example. I create a 3D cylinder. I want to create a circle (or start a 2D polyline, etc.) at the center point of the cylinder end surface.

No matter what Isoplane I select, the Isoplane seem to switch to the plane of the surface of the 3D object at which my selected start point is located.

How can I do any 2D drawing element (circle, rectangle, polyline etc.) in any Isoplane in the 3D model, avoiding that the selected Isoplane is automatically switching when I select a start point located on an object surface oriented in a different plane?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: FaPe61

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

Are you draw in 3D, or just want to simulate 3D view with 2D elements?

I'm asking this question because if you are using ISOPLANE term, than you mean you want to create "isometric drawing to simulate a 3D object from a particular viewpoint by aligning along three major axes".

If you are creating real 3D objects, than you speak about changing UCS (user coordinate system). So if you can not start to draw 2D (or 3D) objects in the current UCS plane because AutoCAD changes this plane as soon as you move crosshair (cursor) to the one of the faces of the existing 3D object, than you need to turn off Dynamic UCS feature by using Command+D shortcut or with button on the Status bar:

Screen Shot 2014-11-04 at 07.56.19.png

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
FaPe61
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi Maxim,

thanks for your suggestion. 

I am creating real 3D objects using AutoCad Design Suite 2015. The problem occurs, when I have generated a 3D object like for example a cylinder and I want to generate another 3D object connecting to the cylinder. For example, I would like to draw a circle with the circle center at the center point of the circular surface of the cylinder end in a different plane than the cylinder end surface or if I want to start at the same center point a polyline perpenticular to the cylinder surface.

I believe I tried all possible settings for the USC and Isoplane settings available, while the USC is, as you mentioned, switching its orientation to any surface orientation or in my case to the cylinder end surface as soon as I move the curser to reach the center point of the surface.

I don't have the particular icon you are showing in your explanation on my status bar. 

Can you tell me, when you are using the Command+D (Dsetting), what specific setting you are changing in order to avoid the dynamic behavior of the USC, allowing to use the xy - plane as selected, rather than the plane of an object or object surface at which the curser or my start point (snap point for starting the 2D object) is located?

thanks

Fritz

Message 4 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: FaPe61

Hi Fritz,

You can not find icon on Status Bar and cannot figure out what Command+D is, because you posting in wrong forum. This is AutoCAD for Mac forum and you need this if you are using Windows version of AutoCAD.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/bd-p/706

And please, could you illustrate somehow your question as it is really difficult to understand what do you want to do.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 5
FaPe61
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi Maxim,

sorry for posting my problem in the wrong forum.

I will post it hopefully in the right forum with more detailed explanation as you recommended

Thank you for your help.

Fritz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost