AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to import VLX plugins into AutoCAD 2013 for mac?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
J-Bot
6366 Views, 4 Replies

Is it possible to import VLX plugins into AutoCAD 2013 for mac?

Hello,

I need to add a plugin called HATCHFL to AutoCAD 2013. It makes it it possible to measure the area of hatches and is freely available here.

When unzipped the folder contains the following content:

Screen Shot 2012-12-04 at 21.13.27 .png

My teacher, a Windows user, told me that I could load the plugin with _.menuload, but the command doesn't work on mac. 

Is there any other way to load the external VLX plugin?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: J-Bot

Hi,

VLX applications are not supported in AutoCAD for Mac.

You can measure hatch areas via Properties palette, or by using fields, associated with hatches.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
J-Bot

Wow, nice! Thank you so much.

Does the properties palette display the exact area of a hatch in a given legend, or is it a rather unprecise value for complexer forms that are no rectangles, circles, triangles, etc...

I need to know this, since I have lots of buildings with inner courtyards.

Do you know by any chance, if AutoCAD auto adds these non-hatched inner areas to the resulting area calculation?

Could you please explain how to use the afore mentionned field method?

UnfortunateIy, I've never heard of it before.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 5
maxim_k

@J-Bot wrote:
...Does the properties palette display the exact area of a hatch in a given legend, or is it a rather unprecise value for complexer forms that are no rectangles, circles, triangles, etc...

Yes, it displays exact area for selected hatch object with current precision, defined in drawing.

@J-Bot wrote:

Do you know by any chance, if AutoCAD auto adds these non-hatched inner areas to the resulting area calculation?

Non-hatched areas (islands) are excluded from area calculation for the hatches.

@J-Bot wrote:
Could you please explain how to use the afore mentionned field method?

You can use Field command from Insert menu, this will  open dialog for field settings, where you should choose "Objects" -> "Object" -> then click on button to the right of "Type" drop-down and select desired hatch in your drawing:

Screen Shot 2012-12-05 at 13.17.48.png

AutoCAD will reopen Field settings dialog with Hatch object type selected, then you select AREA from Property list, fine-tune units, then click on "Choose" button.

Screen Shot 2012-12-05 at 13.18.06.png

At this moment AutoCAD will ask you about insertion point of the Field and finally create MTEXT object with field inside (it creates it with current text style).

Now, Hatch and MTEXT with field are tied, if you change boundaries of the hatch the field will updates automatically on SAVE or PLOT command, or you can update field with calculated area manually with UDATEFIELD command.

You can also place the fields tied with hatches inside tables - just enter Edit cell mode and select Insert field from MTEXT visor (you have to expand visor down):

Screen Shot 2012-12-05 at 13.33.33.png

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 5
J-Bot
in reply to: maxim_k

Wow, you really know your stuff. Thanks again.
Unfortunately, the field insertion method doesn't allow to select multiple hatches at once.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost