AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is AutoCad Mac a Lion Full Screen App?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
revit4mac
1690 Views, 1 Reply

Is AutoCad Mac a Lion Full Screen App?

I have not seen any product screen images showing this feature. Can you imagine a more useful and focused way to work in cad on the Mac. I have feeling they do not support this since I see that they have used an non unified GUI for AutoCad Mac. Every GUI eliement (toolbar, command window, Menue bar) is a separate floating element surrounding the document window. I don't know why they went with this model based on the old OS9 from the 1990's. For a decade Apple has been using a unified window GUI for it;s apps and especially the Pro apps. Yes the windows OS is also using this.

A unified window is much better. A separate  one requires you to manuall move each element to the the edge of screen and the enlarge the drawing window to fit between them. If you change from a notebook to large monitor it is not always automatic. Sometimes document windows can get tucked up under the tool or menu bars. At least that is what I experence in the separate gui of Archicad 14.

I hope they will move Autocad to a unified GUI Window for OXX!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mariosmk
in reply to: revit4mac

Really knowone from Autodesk can answers this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost