AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invisible crosshair in model space

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
3478 Views, 9 Replies

Invisible crosshair in model space

Hi,

after installing AutoCAD 2012 on Mac OS 10.7 I am experiencing major dificulties. My pointer/crosshair and selection pane are not visible in model space.

If I switch to paper space, everything works as it should. But if I create a mview port in paperspace and double click into it, my pointer is invisible in the model area. But as soon as I go out of it, with model space are still active, I can see my pointer again.

Any ideas? Please hlep.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Coul you post screen shot of your issue- when Model space is active inside viewport?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 10
David_Stacey

Have you changed any of the default color settings in preferences? Make sure crosshairs are not set to the same color as the model space background.
Message 4 of 10
smroux

I'm having that issue and have had that same issue even after multiple updates. Would love to be a beta tester for the the mac products. My MBP meets and exceeds all the specs needed too. I've even done a reinstall, with out much luck. It's not a user defined setting. The visible cursor just dissappear during operation. The only way I can get auto cad to remember to display is to relaunch the app. Yes I've trash the preferences. My cursur seems to forget what tool its using form time to time too. Its all random. Along with the scroll wheel action works with zoom functions SOMETIMES, but never consistantly. 

Message 5 of 10
Leaf.chai

Hi user,

Do you mean that the crosshair is missing in the Model?

Can you attach the screen shot for your drawing canvas and the setting for Preferences?

Does this issue resolved after you reset the application?

I need you help on repro this issue and log defect.

Thanks,

Leaf

Autodesk Test Engineer

Leaf Chai
AutoCAD QA Analyst

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Leaf.chai

I just had this happen to me.  I was working on converting some text to mtext with a layer isolated when all of a sudden my crosshairs went AWOL.  I checked color scheme and background is set to black and crosshairs are set to white (how I prefer to look at the screen) and I even tried chaning the crosshairs to red just to see, and it did nothing.  What gives? 

RRice

Message 7 of 10
David_Stacey

Hi. Are you using the magic mouse?
Message 8 of 10
m_aman007

Message 9 of 10
mike_neta

I had this problem on ACAD 2015 and just figured out that if type in the command line "GRAPHICSCONFIG" (or pick the icon in the lower right corner of the screen) and uncheck "Smooth Line Display" it should bring the crosshair back to display on model space. This might be the cause of a cheap video card. Rebooting AUTOCAD might also solve the problem which would clear out the cache memory of the video card and limit opening more then one drawing at a time.
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Leaf.chai

This just started happening to me.  I tried looking at my memory usage to see if something was there, cpu usage, anywhere.

If you are still having this problem keep researching it online.  I write this response because the setting of crosshair colors was

one thing that never occurred to me.  Now my crosshairs are different colors in model space and layout/paper space.  This worked!

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost