AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting Word Document into AutoCAD for Mac

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
paarch
1142 Views, 4 Replies

Inserting Word Document into AutoCAD for Mac

Anyone know how I can import a word document while maintaining all formatting? I want it to be editable if that's at all possible.

At this point, the only way I can figure, is to export the word document as a .pdf, and then converting it to a .jpg, It loses it's editability, but at least appears the way it's intended. 

Thanks for any help. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wimvreugdenhil
in reply to: paarch

You could import the PDF, but i assume it is not editable within AC. At least the formatting is okay.

Message 3 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: wimvreugdenhil

@wimvreugdenhil wrote:

You could import the PDF...

Yes, you are right, but only in AutoCAD 2013 for Mac.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 5
paarch
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks all. I ended up converting the PDF document to a .jpg and then inserting the "text" onto the sheet that way.

It was faster than reformatting the text in AutoCAD.

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 5
HawkAIA
in reply to: paarch

This doesn't provide the solution you want and you probably know this, but on the chance that you don't, you can cut and paste from a word file into the MText Editor.  Not all formatting is preserved, but tabs, caps, line spacing, etc. (simple ASCII formatting) will cut and paste just fine into the editor box.  Just FYI.   I have had some problems with release 2011 and 2012 properly displying multi-font Mtext from files created in Windows.  r2013 seems to do a better job. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost