AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

paarch
Message 1 of 5 (570 Views)

Inserting Word Document into AutoCAD for Mac

570 Views, 4 Replies
04-10-2012 08:29 AM

Anyone know how I can import a word document while maintaining all formatting? I want it to be editable if that's at all possible.

At this point, the only way I can figure, is to export the word document as a .pdf, and then converting it to a .jpg, It loses it's editability, but at least appears the way it's intended. 

Thanks for any help. 

wimvreugdenhil
Message 2 of 5 (560 Views)

Re: Inserting Word Document into AutoCAD for Mac

04-10-2012 11:28 AM in reply to: paarch

You could import the PDF, but i assume it is not editable within AC. At least the formatting is okay.

*Expert Elite*
maxim_k
Message 3 of 5 (550 Views)

04-10-2012 10:44 PM in reply to: wimvreugdenhil

wimvreugdenhil wrote:

You could import the PDF...

Yes, you are right, but only in AutoCAD 2013 for Mac.

Maxim

Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | MARSS

paarch
Message 4 of 5 (543 Views)

04-11-2012 08:20 AM in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks all. I ended up converting the PDF document to a .jpg and then inserting the "text" onto the sheet that way.

It was faster than reformatting the text in AutoCAD.

Thanks again.

Valued Contributor
john
Message 5 of 5 (522 Views)

04-14-2012 03:37 PM in reply to: paarch

This doesn't provide the solution you want and you probably know this, but on the chance that you don't, you can cut and paste from a word file into the MText Editor.  Not all formatting is preserved, but tabs, caps, line spacing, etc. (simple ASCII formatting) will cut and paste just fine into the editor box.  Just FYI.   I have had some problems with release 2011 and 2012 properly displying multi-font Mtext from files created in Windows.  r2013 seems to do a better job. 

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.