AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Designjet 500 print quality issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dan
Contributor
1410 Views, 1 Reply

HP Designjet 500 print quality issues

I have just switched from Windows to iMac and am running AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac. I have a HP Designjet 500 (not post script option) which works absolutley fine from windows with HP driver obtained from website. I have tried the OSX 10.7 driver for Mac from the same website and seem to be getting extremely poor print quality.

We have similar issues with a Sharp MX-2700N which we are going to add a post sript option to which we are advised will solve that.

The issue i have is that we are told that we cannot add HP post script option, we will have to change the printer at significant cost.

I have tried using gimp-print (gutenprint) also but the Designjet 500 is not supported.

Any advice gratefully received before spending £thousands on a new plotter.

Dan Rontree

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: dan

Hi Dan,

There was already some discussions here on the Forum about HP DesignJet 500 drivers for Mac OS:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/AutoCAD-2012-for-Mac-Printing-quality/m-p/3190414/high...

and especially here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/drawings-plotting-hazy-from-autocad-to-plotter-works-f...

So you are not alone and, unfortunately Smiley Sad, there is no solution for this issue (except using virtual machine with Windows), and I think this would be much cheaper than to buy a new plotter Smiley Happy

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost