AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install AutoCad LT 2013 for Mac on Mac Pro with OS Yosemite

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
JPlato
6611 Views, 14 Replies

How to install AutoCad LT 2013 for Mac on Mac Pro with OS Yosemite

My Mac Pro (OS X Yosemite 10.10) will not let me install AutoCad LT 2013. Please can you assist with a work around.

The error page is saying:

This version of Mac OS is not supported.

AutoCad LT 2013 requires OS X 10.6.4 or later

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
maxim_k
in reply to: JPlato

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

Yes, there is a problem with installing AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac on Yosemite and I know that Autodesk working on this problem. The same problem is with full AutoCAD 2013 for Mac.

Actually you can install it even now, but if you are not sure about your "IT knowledge" I cannot recommend you do this, because there is another issue with SP3 for AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac which also is not resolved for now - after SP3 for AutoCAD LT 2013 installation you will not be able to start AutoCAD without another trick.

Anyway, here are the links to my posts on how to install AutoCAD 2013 for Mac with SP3 on Yosemite:

A/ How to install from original media - AutoCAD_LT_2013_English_Mac_OSX_R1.dmg - and apply SP2 and SP3:

At first I need to say that you should be very careful using this method in order not to break Yosemite on your Mac.

So here are the steps:

1. Locate SystemVersion.plist file inside /System/Library/CoreServices/ folder on your Mac, backup this file somewhere in safe place, than copy it to your Desktop and open with TextEdit.app. You will see this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
	<string>14A389</string>
	<key>ProductCopyright</key>
	<string>1983-2014 Apple Inc.</string>
	<key>ProductName</key>
	<string>Mac OS X</string>
	<key>ProductUserVisibleVersion</key>
	<string>10.10</string>
	<key>ProductVersion</key>
	<string>10.10</string>
</dict>
</plist>

2. Using TextEdit.app edit substitute two instances of <string>10.10</string> with <string>10.9.5</string> 

The contents of the SystemVersion.plist should look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
	<string>14A389</string>
	<key>ProductCopyright</key>
	<string>1983-2014 Apple Inc.</string>
	<key>ProductName</key>
	<string>Mac OS X</string>
	<key>ProductUserVisibleVersion</key>
	<string>10.9.5</string>
	<key>ProductVersion</key>
	<string>10.9.5</string>
</dict>
</plist>

3. Save SystemVersion.plist file, quit TextEdit.app. Than copy edited SystemVersion.plist file from your Desktop back to  /System/Library/CoreServices/ folder and chose "Replace", than enter your Admin password to confirm replacement.

4. Now start AutoCAD 2013 installation from the  AutoCAD_LT_2013_English_Mac_OSX_R1.dmg installation image. The installation process should go fine now. After installation apply SP2 for AutoCAD LT 2013 (which you can download here:http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-lt... ) without starting AutoCAD.

5. Now put original SystemVersion.plist file which you backed up in step #1 back to  /System/Library/CoreServices/ folder and chose "Replace", than enter your Admin password to confirm replacement.

6. Restart your Mac. You will see AutoCAD LT 2013 icon in the Dock.

7. Apply SP3 for AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac, but don't launch it after installation.

B/ How to start AutoCAD LT 2013 after you apply SP3:

- download trial version of AutoCAD LT 2015 for Mac

- install it to your Mac

- run it once (maybe this step is optional, not really sure) and close (quit AutoCAD LT 2015)

- try to launch AutoCAD LT 2013, now it should start.

- remove AutoCAD LT 2015 trial version from your Mac (or you can leave it - as you want).

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 15
andrew
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi 

Thanks for this.  I got my hopes up, but can't get this to work.

I noticed though that the filename of my installation package (on the CD) is different.  Mine reads :  Install AutoCAD LT 2013.mpkg  (Whereas your instructions state "AutoCAD_LT_2013_English_Mac_OSX_R1.dmg")

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Andrew

Message 4 of 15
maxim_k
in reply to: andrew

Hi Andrew,

Not sure, but maybe your installation CD has initial version of AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac installer and I mentioned the installer that already has SP1 integrated, so maybe it is better to download installer I mentioned, and here is a link:

http://efulfillment.autodesk.com/SWDLDDLM/2013/ACDLTM/ESD/AutoCAD_LT_2013_English_Mac_OSX_R1.dmg?aut...

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 15
andrew

Thank you so much!

This all worked for me.  FYI - I'd already been running the trial of AutoCAD 2015 for Mac so obviously didn't bother with that step and all worked well.

Shame we have to jump through several hoops just to install this expensive software which I bought less than 2 years ago!

Thanks again,

Andrew

Message 6 of 15
be
Observer
in reply to: andrew

Hello,

I have the same problem on my mac pro, with autocad  for mac 2013 in french (not LT version).

Since i installed Yosemite, Autocad  seemed to be very instable ( for exemple when i modify dimensions style, layout windows, etc..., autocad crashed).

I decided to reinstall autocad whith the CD ROM, but in vain (see attachment)... The message meens that my version of Mac Osx is obsolete. "mac osx 10.6 or more recent"

It's very strange cause I have never know the same prolem on my macbookpro with the same version of autocad....

I'm waiting for you answer  to know if  I have make the same process you explain to "Andrew".

Thanks.

Message 7 of 15
be
Observer
in reply to: be

Hi,

I applied your process for Autocad 2013 for mac (full Version), and autocad runs as well as before (with the same bugs I wrote before, but it runs!) . Thanks for that.

Now I would like to lauch the differents upgrades (in order SP1, SP2, SP3),  thinking that it will repared the little bugs....

But I can't finalise the SP1, cause the upgrade fails (see attachment).

Maybe this is already upgrade? No, cause when i launch the Sp2, it says thant I miss SP1, etc....

Do you have an idea for this error?

Please I need help!!!!

Thank you.

Message 8 of 15
maxim_k

Hi be,

After AC 2013 installation from the original media you had to install SP1 (I believe you need to install it, because CD version doesn't contains SP1 integrated, only downloadable version contains SP1), than install SP2 and only after SP2 installation revert back the changes you've made to SystemVersion.plist file. BTW, have you reverted this system file back?
If yes, try to start again - change OS X version in SystemVersion.plist file to 10.9.5, than install SP1 and SP2, than revert SystemVersion.plist file back to 10.10.1 (or 10.10) and install SP3.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 9 of 15
be
Observer

Hi,

Do you have a link for SP1?

The SP1 i downloaded directly on Autocad doesn’t work… I have done every advices you gave me, but in 10.9.5 or in 10.10.1, it’s the same thing…

Thank you for all.

Geoffrey Moreau | Architecte d'intérieur | Responsable Bureau d’étude | Burokey | 40, rue Chapsal | 94340 Joinville-le-Pont
Tél : +33 1 55 12 50 90 Port : +33 6 17 65 24 20
be@alveole.info
Message 10 of 15
maxim_k
in reply to: JPlato

I don't have other link to SP1 than yours, have you tried "Check for updates" from AutoCAD itself? It should give you right update, if it will be SP1, than install it with my workaround. Than check for update again and install SP2 the same way as SP1, then finally restore Mac OS system version file to original one and install SP3.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 11 of 15
wei503

We have posted the full version installer for AutoCAD 2013 and AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac, it is compatible with Yosemite, and included the latest Service pack.

For AutoCAD:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2013-...

For LT:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-lt...

Thanks,
Wei

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Message 12 of 15
be
Observer

Hi Maxim_k,

It was impossible to "Check for updates" from AutoCAD itself. There were a permanent "message error window".

I received a mail from Wei (from Autodesk community) with a link to download autocad  2013 for mac with Sp3 inclued.

For me,  it was the only solution; Now autocad runs perfectly. 

You can find the two links (LP and Full version)  :  AutoCAD 2013 for Mac (full version) | AutoCAD for Mac | Autodesk Knowledge Network

I would like to thank all the autodesk community for this.

Message 13 of 15
push_pull

Wei,

Do you know if autodesk will be providing an updated installed for those who purchased AC LT 2013 from the MAS?  There were reports that the SP3 installer isn't compatable with the unserialized version.

Thanks in advance.

Message 14 of 15
mcollins2606
in reply to: wei503

Hi Wei

You kindly posted a link to the SP2 version of Autocad 13Lt for Mac with Yosemite but its v unstable and keeps crashing with no warning despite switching on and of and reinstalling from your link. The version from my Autodesk subscription site won't install at all (like earlier in the summer) - doesn't seem to acknowledge I've a later version of Yosemite beyond 10.6. I have Yosemite 10.10.5

Do I need a later version still  . .SP3? why don't Autodesk have the correct latest version with all service packs in my subscription download account?

Grateful for any help.

Regards

Oliver

Message 15 of 15
maxim_k
in reply to: mcollins2606

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi Oliver,

>>>>Do I need a later version still . .SP3?
Yes, because this update was released to make AutoCAD LT 2013 compatible with Yosemite.

You can download full installer with all SP integrated from here:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-l...

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost