AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get AutoCAD to remember last print settings

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
David_Stacey
2015 Views, 2 Replies

How to get AutoCAD to remember last print settings

Hello,

I am using AutoCAD for Mac 2011 and I've been pretty happy with the product from day 1.  The only real annoyance I have is that the print/plot dialog never remembers my last print settings!

As all of my drawings are model-space based, I usually print a window at a specified scale.  Is there any way to get AutoCAD for Mac to remember the last print settings for all drawings?  I've used AutoCAD for Windows for years and there is a check box in the plot dialog for the Windows version.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: David_Stacey

Hi David,

Yes, in AutoCAD for Mac there is no "Apply" button in Print dialog, as in Windows version. So in order to "remember" settings for printing you have to:

- create named page setup in Page Setup Manager (File->Page Setup Manager->"+" button under list of page setups),

- setup all settings for this named page setup (you can do it just after creation of page setup, when you pick "+" button and give the name to page setup)

- in Page Setup manager select newly created Page setup and select "Set current" from Gear menu

- save file

From this moment, when you open Print dialog it will show you settings for you Page setup, i.e. it will remember settings, even after you reopen file next time.

HTH

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
David_Stacey
in reply to: David_Stacey

Thanks Maxim

It seems like a weird way of going about it, but that's just because it's not what I'm used to.
Thanks for the clear explanation. Cheers.

David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost