AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Uninstall AutoCad 2014 and Install AutoCad LT 2014?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mario.mkandcompany
537 Views, 5 Replies

How do I Uninstall AutoCad 2014 and Install AutoCad LT 2014?

Hi All -

This board has been so very helpful for me.

I recently switched from Windows to Mac. I was running AutoCad LT 2008 on Windows 7 - but with a recent update, my program stopped working due to 34 bit vs 68 bit. So I thought it was time to upgrade - windows has always been a problem for me when I would run large programs such as AutoCad and Adobe Illustrator. - So I decided to upgrade to a Mac Mini. I love it! Anyway,

I downloaded a trail version of AutoCad 2014 on my new Mac Mini - I thought it was LT but it turned out to be the full program. I had 30 days to test drive and found it worked fawlessly - so I went for it and purchased Autocad LT 2014.

Now that I have my product key and serial number I tried using it - that is when I realized I was using the full version and not the LT version. So I downloaded the 2014 LT version and it would not install - keep getting the message (see screen shot).

Next I tried to uninstall AutoCad 2014 and I get the same error message which says the same thing - (see screen shot) Avtive AutoCad - AutoCad Plot Style Editor Instance Detected.

I made sure all my programs were closed - but I still am getting this message. And I still can't delect it or install it.

Time is running out on the trial and I can't be without cad for a day, due to deadlines etc.

So how do I uninstall and reinstall?

I'm so close, yet so very far away.

Any help with this would be greatly appricated.

Thanks!

Mario -

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Mario,

In order to ensure that application is not running on your Mac you need to restart (reboot) it. When restarting, don't forget to uncheck "Reopen all windows on next login".
After restarting your Mac try to launch installation again.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 6

Thank you.
I tried your suggestion and when I went to reload the same message came up.
I was able to delete 2014 - but when I tried installing 2014 LT I was unable to. Now I'm totally at a lose and no longer have the program.
Next step is to call customer service.
Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
Mario -
mario.mkandcompany@att.net
www.mkandcompany.net
Message 4 of 6

OK Guys I was able to solve the problem.

Mac makes everything so easy.

The suggestion above was correct and it worked up to a point. However after I did everything I could think of doing I thought my only option was to call customer service. Have you ever tried calling them?  It's imposable to get support - they like selling their product and selling updates to their product, but they don't like helping you with their product.

So this was the solution if anyone else runs into this.

First follow what Maxim said above, restart/reboot, when restarting don't forget to Uncheck "Reopen all windows on next login". 

But one further step needs to be added before you do that and that is to empty your trash.

Then try installing again.

I tried that and kept getting the same error, so I then did the following; In Mac open your Application folder and find what needs to be deleted. All you have to do is drag it to the trash folder. Next step and this is the important part - EMPTY TRASH then try installing once again.

This worked for me.

But in reality, I hope you and I never ever have to call customer support.

Oh and one last note - chat in tech support takes hours and hours - these people where ever they are, are chatting with so many people an answer takes forever - not sure why they call it chat.

Good Luck all.

Mario -

Tags (2)
Message 5 of 6

Hi Mario,

Just one additional question: how did you removed full AutoCAD?
To make things happen correctly you need to use special application - "Remove AutoCAD.app". Simply moving AutoCAD to the Trash could case difficulties.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 6 of 6

Hi Maxin -
The program would not let me just move it to trash. When I did that, it bounced back.
I used the uninstall program. It would start uninstalling and then the error message came back. So I did what you said about re-boot and emptied the trash, then once again started uninstall. After all that I went into the application folder and found 360 that was part of the problem, removed it, emptied trash, rebooted and then reinstalled the program and it worked.
I've been working with it today and so far things are perfect.

Regards,
Mario -
mario.mkandcompany@att.net
www.mkandcompany.net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost