AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install postscript pdf driver on ACAD15 for MAC on Yosemite

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mgunnisoncollins
785 Views, 5 Replies

How do I install postscript pdf driver on ACAD15 for MAC on Yosemite

I'm working on a licensed subscription version of ACAD15 for MAC, running on a new MacBookPro15"retinaOSX10.10 (yosemite) 

I even have a licensed copy of Acrobat Pro, and I'm not able to install a printer driver that will enable me to print to pdf at the full range of sheet sizes.  I have searched the forums and there are no resources to assist me, except for Maxim's suggestion for every user to customize page layouts.*  This is not an acceptible option.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Matt

*http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-general/setup-autocad-2015-mac-printers-for-24x36-pdf-...

This is a totally unacceptible solution.  

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: mgunnisoncollins

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!
Hi Matt,

The main idea in my post which you refer to was to use Custom paper sizes. Named Page setups only helps to use Batch publish to create PDFs.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 6
mgunnisoncollins
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for your prompt reply and the clarification about your original intent.  

So how would you suggest I get my software to print to pdf with a full range of paper sizes?  Plainly most people running autocad on Mac aren't operating large scale printers and need to send pdfs to reprographics shops.  Shouldn't there be a plot to pdf driver or script or something available? This sort of thing is available on windows, not on Mac?  Seems like a no-brainer for something ya'll should develop, and should probably come pre-installed, if you haven't already.

Thanks,

Matt

Message 4 of 6
mgunnisoncollins

Ah, Maxim, 

I just recognized that you are not with AutoDesk, but just a forum member.  Apologies for assuming you're with the company.

Can someone in Marin please show me some love?

Message 5 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: mgunnisoncollins

Yes, you are right - I'm not from Autodesk.

As about your question about predefined paper sizes - maybe it is a good idea, but printing system on Mac is completely different from PC and AutoCAD can use one of the printers (plotters) installed in Mac OS, than you get paper sizes from this printer. The other paper sizes you need to add manually.

BTW, it you create custom paper size from within AutoCAD and pick on "+" button:

Screen Shot 2015-01-12 at 22.47.20.png

you can choose from the list of predefined paper sizes prepared by Autodesk.

Screen Shot 2015-01-12 at 22.47.06.png

You will agree - the list is imposing

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 6 of 6
mgunnisoncollins

Thanks Maxim,

That's definitely what I was looking for.  In my attempt to follow your direction I added multiple sheet sizes and it crashed the program.  D'oh.  But they seem to be there now in the sheet size options when I open it back up.  

I can't believe how buggy this combination of software and OS is.  Every solution seems creates more problems.

The biggest issue I'm facing is not regular crashing, like everyone else, but that the program is not closing properly and needs to be 'force quit' nearly every time.  I'm trying Leaf's Open GL Core profile activation and it seems to be improving...

Appreciate your assistance,

Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost