AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i completly uninstall Autocad 2011 mac with student license?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
stefano.chiamulera
28848 Views, 12 Replies

how can i completly uninstall Autocad 2011 mac with student license?

Hi everyone

I've activate autocad mac with student license but i would like to try the trial version because any file open with the educational one is modified whit the "autocad 2011 educational version" banner. The problem is that when i try to install the trial version it ask for a serial number, and any kind of serial you put on the box change the demo in the student version. I think there's a file inside my macbook pro that i've to delete, but i'm no able to find it. Any idea?

Thanks 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

i have the same problem and have been looking for that file for hours...but cant find it

Message 3 of 13

Same here. i tried to uninstall it completely and install it under trail version but it goes automatically back to my student version.

Message 4 of 13

Ditto - any resolution?

Message 5 of 13
laurenjy
in reply to: laurenjy

All, I had success:

Run your free, but watermarked copy.

Click "About Autocad" from the AutoCAD Menu

Click "Product Information"

Click Update....

The Activate

Message 6 of 13

go to Library/Preferences/FLEXNet Publisher/FLEXNet and delete or move out files"adskflex_xxxx"

Message 7 of 13

hi,

i had the same problem and i have tried to locate that file but i found it in the Flexnet folder rather than flexnet publisher, and even after deleting it the educational version still comes up when i install the trial one, is there any other to uninstall it?

Message 8 of 13

Have you solve?

Message 9 of 13
npnjcn
in reply to: stefano.chiamulera

laurenjy was right. I had a similar situation. I bought the educational version. Then I bought the educational version that is watermark free (for another $399). But no matter how many times i uninstalled and reinstalled it defailted back to the watermarked edu version. I followed laurenjy's tip.

here's how to do it- step by step

From About Autocad select product information.

If the serial number isn't correct hit update and update it. If the serial number is correct, hit activate. It will take you to a screen that tells you you must activate before you can run it, presumably run the new license. I hit activate, it registered. I restarted autocad and voila no water mark. By the way if you are student or faculty, the water mark free version is a deal. Figure the regular student version is $195  while the watermark free version is $399. I wish I knew about the water mark free version, before buying the $195 version first. it doesn't seem to be widely known; i learned of it from a british journal on architecture. so i wound up paying $600 for autocad for mac but now I don't have to hassle with boot camp/parallels.

thanks

Message 10 of 13
gary_thomas
in reply to: npnjcn

I found your article interesting.

I am based at a school in London UK some of which is nearly 200 years old (the school that is, not London) As we do not have definitive floor plans for the older parts of the school we bought the watermarked version and are producing our own school floor plans. We have found that this is fine for producing hard copies but when we offered the dwg file to a contractor to mark his equipment on he would not accept it due to the watermark.

Are you able to direct me to where I can buy the watermark free version?

Message 11 of 13
maxim_k
in reply to: gary_thomas

Hi,

Nut sure about UK, but in US you can try:

http://www.academicsuperstore.com/products/Autodesk/AutoCAD+for+Mac/1457939

http://www.novedge.com/products/4878

http://www.journeyed.com/item/Autodesk/AutoCAD+for+Mac/1457939

Try to search "Buy AutoCAD for Mac Education Student Version (Perpetual License) in UK"

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 12 of 13
gary_thomas
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks for your reply,

The one's you linked me to are watermarked but I will continue looking for a UK distributor.

If anyone can assist me with this It would be appreciated.

Message 13 of 13
maxim_k
in reply to: gary_thomas

Looks like watermark-free version available only for US/Canada:

Screen shot 2011-08-14 at 22.32.52.png

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost